The HR Manager leads, manages and gives direction related to all human resources activity in Zambia. The incumbent must ensure that all HR policies, procedures and practices are in line with country legislation and that group HR policies are localised. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to recruitment and onboarding, talent and performance management and employee relations. Key stakeholders include country leadership and management teams across the country as well as labour unions, courts, government agencies such as Ministry of Labour & Social Security, National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA), National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA), Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA), Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB), local government authorities, District Health Management Teams (DHMTs), the Zambia Federation of Employers (ZFE) and financial institutions.
- Contribute to the creation of the Hungry Lion HR strategy.
Work closely with the Head of HR to ensure that the HR strategy is implemented.
Actively support the development and execution of the business strategic plan, ensuring that people are positioned to drive results.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Monitor headcount reports and drive the correct action from line managers to ensure optimal staffing levels.
- Full-cycle recruiting, up to onboarding for a variety of roles.
- Distribute job advertisements in conjunction with Headquarters (HQ).
- Ensure positive candidate and hiring manager experiences throughout a recruitment process.
- Actively contribute to and drive employer branding initiatives to position
- Hungry Lion as an employer of choice.
- Monitor and track vacancies and applicants.
- Manage employee relations to ensure the consistent application of people policies and practices, including coaching/counseling, employee investigations, progressive discipline and problem resolution.
- Consult and coach line management on people decisions (e.g., staffing, development, employee relations) to ensure that they align with the people-strategies.
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date in terms of all labour legislation and applicable Sectoral Determination.
- Equip management to conduct effective disciplinary hearings.
- Attend to or co-ordinate disciplinary appeal hearings.
- Advise management on the formulation of disciplinary charges, when necessary.
- Facilitate employee grievances and manage grievance hearings.
- Prepare for and represent the company at the labour institutions and courts.
- Assist and guide line managers to prepare for, and represent, the business in labour disputes.
- Consult with the management team regarding labour compliance and intervene where necessary.
- Contract with line managers on time frames for delivery, up to resolution.
- Provide advice and assistance on various HR processes and practices to employees and line managers.
Organisation Design and Development:
- Provide a change management capability for the business.
- Partner with the Country Management and HQ HR team to coordinate all talent planning activities (succession planning, etc.).
- Actively support the business with talent management and succession planning.
- Lead in the continued improvement of the health of the business by monitoring performance indicators, such as absenteeism levels, grievances levels, disciplinary processes and employee wellbeing matters.
- Identify and mitigate risks to the organisation.
- Initiate corrective action where required.
- Implement preventative measures to keep risks at acceptable levels.
- Develop positive, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including trade unions, labour departments and courts.
- Support and coach junior HR employees, when necessary.
Reporting and Analysing:
- Analyse HR reports and provide feedback to management.
- Identify trends using data and action accordingly.
- Ensure data integrity of reports and information.
Administration & Support:
- Ensure that administration standards are met and HR-related documents are submitted to HQ by the prescribed deadlines.
- Organise and maintain records, documents and paperwork to ensure compliance and confidentiality.
- Facilitate the retirement process to off-board staff at retirement and tend to retirement queries.
- Manage service delivery through the efforts of others.
- Guide and direct staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Develop capability of direct reports.
- Define and implement best operating practices.
- Define performance parameters and measurements for the area under supervision.
- Manage performance.
- Relevant qualification with ZIHRM membership.
- Minimum 5 years’ HR management experience.
- Solid experience in dealing with Unions and labour courts.
- Significant experience working with all levels of the organisation.
- Experience with developing and implementing HR practices and driving change across the business.
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
- QSR or retail branch network experience.
- Experience working directly with government departments.
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- People Management / Leadership
- Relationship Building
- Analytical Thinking
- Resilience and Stress Tolerance
- Business Acumen
- Emotional Intelligence
Closing date for all applications 22 September 2021
To apply for this job please visit hungrylion.ci.hr.