John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH is seeking a talented and experienced HR Manager to provide oversight for the HR functions required for the effective operation of the ZAM-Health activity. In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration, the HR Manager is responsible for developing and managing an HR program in the areas of recruitment, onboarding and orientation, performance management, benefits and welfare administration, employee relations, policies & procedures, and safety and security. He/she will provide support to the day-to-day HR operations and activities benefitting JSH employees working on the project. The HR Manager will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the finance and administrative team and senior management, complete employee manual, safety and security manual, and code of ethics. Ensure all staff are familiar with the information and receive updates as needed.
- Coordinate recruitments & placement – (i.e. reference checks, interviews, coordinating related payments, employment agreements & offer letters, preparation of notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.)
- Maintain accurate and updated personnel files (hard/soft copies), leave records and send updates to H/Q quarterly.
- Coordinate various employee relation initiatives – i.e. orientation, annual performance assessments, exit interviews, etc.
- Staff welfare/Benefits administration – processing death grants/benefits, education & uniform allowances, GLA & GAP claims
- Coordinate immigration activities for expatriate project staff – i.e. processing of employment/study permits and other related documents.
- Ensure that visas, residential permits, and other legal requirements of expatriate staff and consultants are handled appropriately
- Coordinate consultant recruitments, draft consultant contracts and ensure that contracts are signed by both parties.
- Keep abreast of any changes in local laws and regulations having an impact on HR policy and incorporate such changes into the personnel manual as may be required.
- Implement and/or adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies.
- Travel to regional offices as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by other senior staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, management, business or public administration, or equivalent experience
- At least 8 years of HR experience.
- Ability to take initiative and work in teams. Supervisory experience a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of local employment laws, policy interpretation, & benefit administration.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management ( ZIHRM )
- Experience having maintained HR and personnel files
- Self-guided and able to perform with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel required
- Previous experience with HR management & managing people (managing front line supervisors)
- Experience working on donor funded projects, especially USAID, is preferred.
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: 22 June 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.