We at MTN Zambia are a purpose and value-led organization.
At MTN Zambia we believe that understanding our people’s needs and aspirations is key to creating experiences that delight you at work, every day. We are committed to fostering an environment where every member of our Y’ello Family is heard, understood, and empowered to live an inspired life.
Our values keep us grounded and moving in the right direction. Most importantly, they keep us honest. It is not something we claim to be. It is in our DNA.
As an organisation, we consider it our mission to create an exciting and rewarding place to work, where our people can be themselves, thrive in positivity and ignite their full potential. A workplace that boosts creativity and innovation, improves productivity, and ultimately drives meaningful results. A workplace that is built on relationships and achieving a purpose that is bigger than us. This is what we want you to experience with us!
Our commitments go beyond an organisational promise. It is in our leadership and managerial ethos to meaningfully partner with our employees, customers and stakeholders with a vision to realise our shared goals.
We are delighted that you are considering us as your career partner to make a mark in the world. We look forward to your application!
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
- Conduct all talent acquisition processes to ensure the recruitment of the right talent for the HRBP’s assigned business unit and support in departmental on-boarding;
- Implementation of people plan and agenda in line with the companywide HR and assigned Business Unit strategy;
- Management of informal and formal disciplinary and grievance procedures and providing line support for disciplinary processes;
- Give required support in the employee separation and off boarding process;
- Manage relevant assigned Business Unit headcount, workforce planning and people data;
- Manage people change/transformation and support while building change capacity and capability within business unit;
- Equip Business units and assigned functional areas with appropriate people management tools and knowledge to effectively manage at the line level;
- Implementation of the various HR services across the HR employee cycle within assigned Business Unit such as employee engagement action planning, talent management, performance management, learning & needs analysis;
- Coordinate HR practices & objectives that will provide an employee-oriented and high performing superior workforce in assigned function and HR functional area;
- Provide support in facilitating restructuring projects and ensuring compliance with organization design and change management methodologies;
- Support learning and OD team and departments in preparation of job profiles, sufficiently prepared to enable job evaluations;
- Work with HR Senior Managers and Group in an area of specialisation in addition to giving support to Business Units. Specialisations will be in areas such as Talent Management, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion programmes, Reward and Recognition programmes, union engagements and Industrial Relations.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology; or any relevant fields;
- Experience working in an area other than HR is an added advantage;
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in HR;
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZIHRM).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates are mandated to answer the below on their cover page to the hiring Manager.
Values are the core of MTN Zambia’s culture. Our five values called ‘Live Y’ello’ is the force that unites and inspires each one of us to make an impact that matters in the world. So, tell us: Which one of our five Live Y’ello Values resonates most with you and why? (limit 250 words)
• Lead with Care
• Can-do with Integrity
• Collaborate with Agility
• Serve with Respect
• Act with Inclusion
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted. The closing date for accepting applications is January 10 2024.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.