Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA)
The Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) is a corporate body established under the PACRA Act No. 4 of 2020.
The Agency is inviting applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, self-motivated, proactive and experienced persons to fill the position of Human Resources and Administration Manager to be based at Head office in Lusaka.
Position: Human Resources and Administration Manager
Salary Scale: P2
Reports to: The Chief Executive Officer
To provide strategic leadership and direction to the Human Resources and Administration functions that will effectively contribute to the achievement of the Agency’s mandates.
- Responsible for general application, management and administration of HR policies, Labour Laws, disciplinary proceedings, pension fund and medical aid;
- Advise management and staff in relation to compliance with Labour laws, organisational policies, rules and regulations;
- Co-ordinate recruitment, selection, induction, training and disciplinary hearings;
- Conducting and coordinating salary surveys,
- Responsible for HR correspondence, filing and keeping accurate staff records.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for general queries and issues relating to talent and learning
- Responsible for effective coaching and education of staff on talent development and learning interventions in order to enhance the effectiveness of processes within the Institution;
- Create a learning culture within the organisation; manage the implementation of learning processes and tools, identifying learning gaps and collating needs, sourcing and implementing learning programmes; monitoring of learning calendar, monitoring effectiveness and support implementation and use of tools such as Competency frameworks;
- Ensure the effective provision of administrative and other support services in order to facilitate efficient and effective operations; this includes but not limited to overseeing fleet management, building maintenance and contracts management,
Minimum qualifications and attributes
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent, with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or any relevant equivalent degree.
- A Master’s degree in human resource management or any related field
- A minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a reputable organisation at Senior Management level;
- Knowledge and understanding of local labor markets and employment law regimes
- Excellent IT skills with a good understanding of HRMIS
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, influencing, and interpersonal relationship are essential
- Applied competencies in all the HR disciplines
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management with a valid practicing license
Suitably qualified interested persons should send their application letters together with detailed Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications in a sealed envelope, clearly stating the position being applied for to the address below not later than 31st May, 2021.
The Chief Executive Officer
Patents and Companies Registration Agency
PACRA House, Longacres