Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA)
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER – EMPLOYEE RELATIONS ZRA05 – LUSAKA (1 Position(s))
- To Promoting and maintenance of harmonious relations between employees and management by ensuring that provisions of the Collective Agreement and Recognition Agreement are implemented in conformity with labour laws and other relevant legislations;
- Providing fair and consistent treatment to all employees so they are committed to their jobs and loyal to the Authority aimed at preventing and resolving problems arising from situations at work;
- Working with employees and supervisors to resolve problems and address work related concerns;
- Managing disciplinary, grievances and appeals processes that allow employees to challenge some management decisions or labor issues through a formal dispute resolution process;
- Initiates review of the medical scheme annually;
- Reviews medical scheme annually by inspecting all designated health providers and advises a new list of health providers for the relevant year;
- Implements agreed changes to medical scheme and answering questions from staff arising there from;
- Analyses staff sick reports and advises line management on the appropriate course of action;
- Verifies staff medical scheme membership application forms and updates details of members from time to time;
- Analyses and verifies medical bills and advise Accounts on the payments of the same;
- Participates in budget preparation and control of ZRA Medical Scheme according to budget guidelines;
- Ensures that all members of staff only use their medical entitlement in any given year as stipulated in the conditions of service;
- Organises events such as labour day and end of year parties in conjunction with the Corporate Communications Unit;
- Ensures that funeral assistance is provided to employees in accordance with the conditions of service;
- Administer group life assurance and group accident schemes and funeral assistance, including workman’s compensation;
- Provides HIV/ AIDS awareness programmes in the training curricular and develops various educational materials such as brochures, posters; develops counselling techniques in health education, health promotion and behavioral risk reduction activities;
- Provides voluntary HIV/ AIDS pre and post test counselling services to staff members and their immediate families and advises on relevant referrals;
- Provides advice on how to manage effectively and efficiently the ZRA HIV/AIDS medical scheme by liaising with health care providers giving the service to the Authority;
- Ensures that the HIV/AIDS Programme for ZRA employees is effectively undertaken;
- Provides counselling and guidance to infected and affected staff and family members and assists them in understanding and coping with HIV/AIDS;
- Assigns, directs and reviews the work of HIV/AIDS Peer Educators and Focal Point Persons;
- Establishes and maintains liaison with other agencies and organizations dealing in HIV/AIDS activities to fulfill programme objectives and serves as a resource person or facilitator at various health education sessions; and
- Confers with medical practitioners and other professionals and staff members on individual case problems of employees.
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or General Certificate of Education Equivalent;
- University degree with a bias in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Sociology, Psychology, Social Science, or any related field;
- Considerable knowledge of and experience in dealing with HIV/AIDS related problems and their effects on the individual and family members.
- Experience in the HR Business Partnering Model will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a related role; and
- Minimum level of Associate Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management is mandatory.
Kindly note that Zambia Revenue Authority does not solicit for fees at any stage of the recruitment process, any such attempts should be treated as fraudulent and reported immediately.
To apply for this job please visit careers.zra.org.zm.