People In Nee (PIN)
Position: Human Resource Officer
Location: Mongu, Zambia
Contract duration: December 31, 2021
Start date: ASAP
Supervisor: Country Director
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance around the world. Present in Zambia since 2017, PIN has directly and in cooperation with local partners implemented numerous humanitarian and development projects across Western, North Western and Lusaka provinces, mainly focusing on emergency and development Nutrition, WASH, Livelihoods, renewable energy and good governance programming (funded by UNICEF, DG DEVCO and Czech government).
Description of the Role
People in Need is a growing and ambitious organisation. The quality of our programmes and our impact for vulnerable population is built upon effective management and operations systems, including strong administrative and financial management. We are recruiting for a Human Resource Officer (HRO) in Mongu to ensure the smooth running of the PIN Zambia programme’s operations, so as to enable our stakeholders to build an effective and successful People in Need’s Programme.
In this capacity the HRO must ensure implementation of transparent and reliable processes and generate accurate human resource information for the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Ensures that the PIN Human Resources Management (HRM) policies (HRM instruments, systems and practices) are aligned with the Zambian laws and are effectively practiced and adhered to
- Maintenance of HR and project contracts signed. Filing (physical as well as virtual on ELO)
- In cooperation with Management, the HRO plans HR needs of the departments, looking into relevant sources of staff, both internal and external.
- Lead all phases of recruitment process of national staff and ensures the quality standard of all the procedures, providing relevant guidance to other.
- Prepare job offers, employment contracts and their amendments and follow up on expirations and terminations of contracts
- When the contract termination is indicated, launches and coordinates with relevant management and support department members the procedures according to PIN HR procedure;
- Collect necessary documents and personal data required by HR procedures manual and archive as per existing PIN systems
- Responsible for discretion of sensitive and confidential information and follows the Personal Data Protection Code.
- Enforces transparency of remuneration, benefits and bonus systems (salary scale, per diems, bonuses) and communicate to get required documentation for staff final payment
- Certifies overtime and all sorts of staff leave and keep record of leave balances
- Ensures that the feedback and evaluation procedures in her/his respective regions/departments are properly and applied in a timely manner;
- Based on outcomes from the evaluation procedure, identifies needs of professional development and informs Management for capacity development, and track progress of PIN e-learning courses;
- The HRO functions as the focal point for all staff in terms of complaints and other issues, and sends timely reports to the Head of HR and other RDD management members about such issues, to launch the appropriate procedure;
- Organize Annual Staff Retreat
- Manage, plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of protocol support for the Country Program external / internal visits (visa, employment permit)
- Networks with other HR departments within Alliance 2015 and INGO forum;
- Build capacity of the line and support staff in the country office and our partners through on-the-job training
- Supervise the induction procedures, coordinates with other departments and supports adaptation phase.
- participate in project reviews meeting and feed in related HR agendas / tasks
- Review HR manual on a regular basis and suggest improvements
- Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
Note: All the above key responsibilities are for guidance purpose only. Specific and detailed job responsibilities would form part of the job contract of the person selected for the job.
PERSON SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Work Experience and Knowledge
- At least 2 years of first-hand experience across personnel management;
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Degree in Human Resource Management or related social science
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is essential.
- Highly organized, reliable, honest, dynamic and self-motivated, ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Willing to learn and grow within the organization.
- Detail oriented
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource with valid practicing certificate.
- Please submit your application including a detailed CV, salary expectation and other data by filling in the form found on this link or via the apply button.
- Completed application must clearly mention on top the position applied for and must reach to above address of People in Need office before, June 1, 2021 17:00 Hours (CAT)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of two (2) references from your most recent and previous employers (supervisors). In case clarification is required, People in Need reserves the right to call the referees.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.