Webmarck Security Services Limted
Webmarck Security Company was established to cater for the security needs of individual and corporate clients. The company is made up of well-trained personnel with a lot of experience in security matters; ready to fight crime and protect life and property at all costs. The Company is now actively looking to recruit an Experienced Human Resource Manager to be based in Ndola..
Purpose of the Job
The Human Resource Manager shall report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for developing, planning and implementing human resource daily operations, programs and policies as well as ensuring administrative and compliance duties are carried out successfully. He/she will also be responsible for planning and implementing HR & Talent Development strategy to ensure employee satisfaction and engagement company-wide, whilst optimizing resource requirements across the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources role will carry out various functions both administrative and strategic. The core responsibilities will fall under the below six categories:
- Recruitment of top talent for all Company Departments, utilizing advertising campaigns, school and university relationships, and website presence to promote employment opportunities
- Screening candidates in preliminary interviews for final interviews by Heads of Departments
- Writing employee contracts and support to HODs in negotiating salary and benefits
- Manage onboarding documentation requirements for newly hired employees
- Collaboration with Heads of Departments with employee contract management, including employee contract changes in conditions, contract renewals and probation extensions, preparing resignation/termination acknowledgement letters and conducting exit interviews
- Research and make recommendations for improved employee retention; coordinate and implement staff retention initiatives where necessary
- Ensuring compliance with legal and cultural expectations when it comes to employee compensation
- Assist in payroll preparation by accurately collating and inputting relevant attendance data into our software database, such as new employees, departed employees, changes in conditions for existing staff contracts, loans/shortages, mid-month payments, etc.
- Ensure proper payroll administration practices are carried out by ensuring appropriate documentation is maintained and payslips are distributed timely to staff
- Discussing raises and other compensation increases and/or decreases with employees in the organization, calculating and distributing bonuses at end of the year
- Support CEO in a manpower cost plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management
Employee and Labour Relations
- Handles disciplinary management issues by counselling and advising employees, and counselling HODs and managers on issuing verbal warnings and warning letters; conduct investigations where necessary
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing staff demands, grievances or other issues; troubleshoot inquiries and conduct investigations where necessary; mediate disputes between employees and other employees as well as between employees and supervisors
- Handles cases of theft and any associated legal procedures
- Represents the company in labour-related court hearings and disputes
- Discussing employee rights with unions, management, and stakeholders; participate in union negotiations where necessary
- Develop and implement human resources policies and procedures; Counsels managers and employees in the interpretation and application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Acting as the voice of the organization and/or the voice of the employees during any broader organizational issues about employee welfare
- Remain visual on the production floor each week for employee communication and awareness & field HR inquiries
- Support CEO with development and implementation of an organizational culture that is positive, nurtures talent and helps staff feel a part of a successful, purpose-driven business and to see the impact they’re having through the work they do
- Support CEO with engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital, including dissemination of employee engagement surveys, coordinating team building events, etc.
Administration and Compliance:
- Provides day to day solutions, expert counsel and accurate and timely information to CEO and other management on Local and Industrial Employment Code Act compliance; Maintain compliance knowledge for all HR activities and practices,
- Supervises and/or completes on his/her own the compliance procedures required with statutory bodies such as (but not limited to) Ministry of Health, Lusaka City Council, NAPSA, ZEMA, Zambia Weights and Measures, NHIMA, etc.
- Update human resources databases by inputting information on new hires, resignations, terminations, paid leave, and sick leaves. Maintain personnel records using Belina computer software.
- Supervises and/or processes employees’ requests for paid leave, other leave and sick leave
- Manage worker’s compensation claims administration and safety committee support initiatives.
- Manage employee data to develop meaningful HR metrics to provide decision support to the CEO
Development & Training:
- Oversee new employee orientation training by providing information on company operations and culture, introductions to relevant departments and HR policies & procedures
- Support CEO with Training & Development initiatives including, but not limited to: assessing training needs of staff, coordinating and implementing quality, health and safety training and behavioural change, developing succession and
- 5+ years experience in a progressively responsible human resource role
- FMCG and/or manufacturing environment preferred, including combined 5+ years of experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations and 5+ years of experience in a Management and leadership role
- BA/BS in Human Resources or a related field, or comparable experience in lieu of degree;
- Broad knowledge and skills in Human Resources principles and practices including knowledge of Employment Code Act, staffing and recruitment practices, compensation & benefits, employee relations, policy development and implementation, talent development and supporting diversity
- Strong PC application skills including MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Member of ZIHRM
- Has hands-on experience with employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, investigations and court hearings
- Belina software experience a plus;
Skills & Characteristics:
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge, provides a wide range of HR concepts and takes a leadership role in various HR initiatives and projects.
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations; excellent critical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company
- Can handle payroll information and personal information with sensitivity and care
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to motivate and inspire lower-level staff to achieve optimal performance. Able to pay close attention to detail and carry out basic, accurate calculations Embodies a strong work ethic
Method of Application
Should you fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: [email protected] by/before 20th March 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to Webmarckzambia@gmail.com.