Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Company: Lupiya Financial Services
Location: [Lusaka, Zambia]
About Lupiya Financial Services:
Lupiya Financial Services (LFS) is an award-winning, Zambian-owned fintech startup that provides online loans and Investments focused on women, rural, and marginalized borrowers. As a venture-backed online marketplace for microloans, our mission is to foster financial inclusion in Zambia by simplifying the borrowing process and requirements. We firmly believe that every Zambian should be accorded a fair opportunity to access financing.
About the job: The Human Resource Management will lead the strategies and processes related to building and retaining an exceptional team of employees in alignment with the business strategy and goals of the organization.As a Strategic Partner to the Executive Committee, Human Resource, will be an organizational and cultural force who charts the path of how the company should be organized, grow and scale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the overall HR, Operations & Administration team
- Partner with the executive management team and senior management around key organization or management issues. Understand short and long-term priorities, ensure alignment of People team strategy that will meet overall goals of the organization
- Develop a strong recruiting and retention strategy to meet the talent needs of the organization in all our locations.
- Design and lead our careers development strategy globally.
- Anticipate growth and training needs, creating accountability, while developing managers and leaders with strong engagement programs
People & Culture
- Build belief & commitment to the vision & culture.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process in Zambia, Tanzania, Malawi.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
Administration & Service Management
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Oversee overall facilities services, maintenance activities in liaison with the Operations and Administration Officer.
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.)
- Pproactive management of our service providers, issues, incidents, fraud, operational resilience, and BC/DR planning, always ensuring the effectiveness of critical controls and registers.
- Negotiating contracts and agreement with vendors
- Delegating tasks to administrative staff and monitoring daily operation
- Developing and promoting policies that ensure positive interaction between administrative staff and other personnel.
- Making changes to increase efficiency in the workplace.
- Organizing the workplace so that the workflow is streamlined.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s corporate strategy and lead strategy development in all organisational operations to ensure that the company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to facilitate management control and to ensure that all internal operations achieve their business objectives.
- Develop and control all operational budgets to ensure that the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters and to maintain the financial strength of the company.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that company operations comply with all legal requirements and meet agreed operational standards.
- Develop and maintain the organisation’s structure and processes and provide for effective management succession for all internal operations.
- Ensure KPI’s and appropriate MI are in place to enable decision making.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The Human Resource Manager should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Desirable master’s degree in human resources, strategic management, business administration, or a related field
- Proven working experience in Human Resource and administration.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices
- Must be a Member of the Human Resource institute of Zambia.