Website WeForest Zambia
Job Title: HR manager
Reporting to: Country Director (Zambia) and HR Director (Belgium)
WeForest is a fast-growing international non-profit association headquartered in Belgium and with current projects in Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Tanzania, Malawi, Senegal and Zambia. The mission of the organization is to advance innovative, scalable and lasting solutions to restore forest and landscapes for climate, people and planet. We promote scientific evidence for the ways in which forests contribute to climate change mitigation, beyond their impacts as stocks of carbon, by increasing water availability, enhancing local cooling and improving rural livelihood and resilience.
WeForest Zambia programme
WeForest has been working in Zambia since 2011 on various topics including agroforestry, farm forestry and community forest management. WeForest Zambia Ltd. was established in 2019 with six projects running at the moment: two in the Copperbelt and four in Muchinga province.
The position would focus on the growth and consolidation of human resources in the organization, both at project and cross-project level.
WeForest is hereby hiring an experienced Human Resource Manager, who will be responsible for all Human resource and related administrative matters of WeForest Zambia and will support the different teams to grow a strong team of like-minded professionals. The HR Manager will report to the Director team, and work closely with the Finance and Admin Manager. The role also has a dotted line reporting to WeForest’s HR Director at the Headquarters, to ensure alignment with the global HR strategic needs and policies.
The HR manager develops, in collaboration with the director team, the relevant HR strategies and policies to support the growth of the organization, by ensuring that we can attract the right profiles, develop our people from a training and needs perspective and create an enabling HR framework for an efficient organization with motivated employees. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives at country level, aligned with the overall global strategy
- Co-develop recruitment policy, Human rights policy and Grievance mechanisms
- Monitor and advise the overall HR policies and procedures within WeForest Zambia.
- Support and identify current and future staff needs, and identify trainings for the development, engagement, and motivation of our staff
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of future employees
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee, manage and implement the timely performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Provide individual coaching and support to project coordinators in project team supervision and management
- Organize regular team meetings and team buildings across the project teams in Zambia, making sure you visit project teams in real life on a regular basis (min. quarterly).
- Maintain pay plan, Health and insurance policies and benefits/bonus program
- Provide training related to HR needs in the company
- Provide decision support through HR metrics
- Strengthen Code of Professional Ethics compliance and alert procedure
- Ensure legal and ethical compliance throughout human resource management as well as overall risk management processes related to health and safety of staff (i.e. risk management)
- Organize other admin related tasks when needed
- Relevant degree in HR Management. Extra qualifications in coaching or ethics management is a plus.
- 3 years of experience with similar responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and people skills. Exceptional listening skills
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of Zambian labor law and employment act is a must
- NGO/Charity experience preferable. Willing to visit remote locations for work.
- Fluent in English and Bemba, both oral and in writing
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Position: Full-time employee
Based at Copperbelt, Zambia
Start date: As soon as possible
Package: Competitive package for a small organization, level 3 (management) salary
Please send applications to [email protected] with your CV, a motivation letter, and 2 recent references by July 31st 2022.
Make sure to mention the job title in the subject of the email, and to indicate where you saw the job post. In your motivation letter, we’d love to read about what makes you happy to go to work!
Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest.