Examinations Council of Zambia
The Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) was established by an Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1983, Chapter 137 of the Laws of the Republic of Zambia to set and conduct Examinations and award Certificates to successful candidates. The vision of the Council is to be an Educational Assessment Body of Excellence.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacant position at the Examination Council of Zambia Headquarters.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (1), GRADE ECZ 3
Reporting to the Director Human Resources and Administration, the Human Resource Manager will provide solutions to line managers to galvanize the energies of all ECZ employees towards corporate goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement Human Resources manuals, policies and procedures in conjunction with Line Manager.
• Advise staff on Human Resource policies and procedures and all other HR-related issues and challenges.
• Advise management and staff on the Zambian labour laws.
• Implement health and safety standards for the benefit of staff.
• Implement the structural policy-related matters in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
• Prepare Human Resource reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Ensure effective staff selection, recruitment, induction and retention of employees to enhance productivity.
• Prepare demand and supply forecasts for staff requirements in terms of numbers and skills.
• Manage the adherence of disciplinary and grievance procedures.
• Provide advice on suitable training interventions to functional and line managers.
• Coordinate the training and development activities in the Council.
• Manage the performance management processes for the institution to realize its strategic objectives.
• Manage the Human Resource support services such as leave administration, HR statistics and information.
• Manage the effective administration of compensation benefits.
• Implementing departmental HR-related change programmes.
• Undertake action-oriented research in Human Resource issues and challenges.
• Set targets and agree to performance measures to meet the strategic objectives of the institution.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• School Certificate or its equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Public Administration or its equivalent.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in Human Resource Management and Human Resource Information Systems.
• At least a paid-up Associate Member of ZIHRM.
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, verified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees, a copy of NRC and daytime telephone numbers. All applications must reach the undersigned no later than 9th February 2024.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The Director Human Resources and Administration
Examinations Council of Zambia
Haile Selassie Avenue, Longacres
P.O Box 50432