The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for international and technical cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries.
GIZ Office Zambia provides financial and administrative services for GIZ projects and programmes in Zambia and other countries in the region. In order to meet the growing needs of its expanding portfolio, GIZ is seeking a suitable candidate for the following position:
HR Officer (Lusaka based)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Handling all HR questions related to locally contracted staff, specifically recruitment and selection, contract issues and professional development measures
- Implementing HR procedures as required, specifically operational and administrative tasks
- Carrying out conceptual and coordination tasks in HR management on behalf of the Country Director
- Implementing, when required, HRM for locally contracted staff (e.g. entering competences, planning availability for assignment, considering staff for vacancies, advising, organising and implementing professional development measures)
- Advising managers on further training measures
- Responsible for contract management (i.e. contract amendments/ extensions/renewals/terminations)
- Recruiting suitable staff in accordance with the requirements for the positions (and identify existing GIZ HR resources in the country, writing job advertisements and posting them on online media)
- Determining the appropriate contract based on national labour law and the material and formal conditions when required
- Dealing with all other organisational and administrative stages in processing, e.g. regular update of entries in SAP-HR for national staff when required
- Responsible for maintaining information on hiring conditions for locally contracted staff (remuneration system, salary groups, model job descriptions, labour law, etc.)
- Organizing and coordinating inductions for new staff members
- Managing personnel files and ensuring that they are complete and kept confidential
Qualifications and requirements:
The applicant should hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a similar field. He/she should have at least 4-5 years of professional experience in a comparable position and must be a member of ZIHRM. Fluency in English is required and the applicant must have a demonstrable ability to express him/herself well both verbally and in writing. In addition, the applicant must be highly adaptable and demonstrate a willingness to learn. The ideal candidate is expected to have a very good level of computer literacy, especially in the use of MS Office, internet, email, etc. He/she is also expected to have an ability to work accurately to tight deadlines with an eye for detail. Sound knowledge of the Zambian Labour Laws and familiarity with HR procedures is essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to start full-time employment with GIZ, on a fixed-term contract, as soon as possible. Interested candidates must send their CVs and cover letters electronically quoting GIZ_HR in the subject line to: email@example.com by 17:00 hrs on Thursday, 16th September 2021. GIZ will only assess applications which meet the following criteria:
- Cover letters must be sent in MS Word format, with using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position. In the second paragraph, outline your experience in Human Resource Management.
- CVs must not exceed three (3) pages and must be submitted in PDF.
- Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
- Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. GIZ is committed to be an equal opportunities employer, therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.