Position: HR & Administration Specialist
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Application Deadline: 07 November 2021
Post level: Nationally Recruited Staff
Type of contract: 1-year fixed-term contract (option to renew based on performance and budget)
Language(s) required: English (proficient/fluent writing and oral skills)
WorldFish is an international, non-for-profit research organization that works to reduce hunger, malnutrition and poverty by improving fisheries and aquaculture. With a 45-years track record of leading-edge science, WorldFish generates research evidence and innovations to inform sustainable practices and inclusive policies that enable better livelihoods and healthier diets for millions of poor people, particularly women, who depend on fish for food, nutrition and income. WorldFish is a member of CGIAR , the world’s largest global partnership on agriculture research and innovation for a food secure future. Headquartered in Penang, Malaysia and with regional offices across Africa, Asia and the Pacific, WorldFish leads the cross-disciplinary CGIAR Research Program (CRP) on Fish Agri-Food Systems (FISH).
ABOUT THE POSITION
The HR & Administration Specialist will manage Human Resources (HR) and support Administration functions in accordance with WorldFish policies and procedural rules at the WorldFish Zambia Office, as well as provide support to other countries falling under the jurisdiction of the Country Director, Zambia and Southern Africa.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Implement HR strategies and policies for Zambia, Malawi and Southern Africa, and ensure all changes and updates on HR policies, procedures and activities are communicated with staff.
- Lead all aspects of HR administration and activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Management of recruitment processes including job descriptions, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, chairing interview panels, making recommendations on recruitment.
- Identify opportunities for building employment brand and sourcing talents.
- Monitor and facilitate performance management appraisals process.
- Manage and resolve employee issues and industrial relations matters including carrying out investigations on employee complaints or concerns and escalate to HQ HR where appropriate.
- Participate in job evaluation and propose remuneration offer to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Provide orientation and training to all staff on HR systems, policies and procedures.
- Responsible to maintain staff database in OCS and Payroll systems, and provide timely payroll changes update to Payroll team.
- Working with HQ HR team to provide effective staff benefits administration.
- Responsible for providing guidance and administrative support on staff disengagement (separation arrangement) related matters.
- Ensure the delivery of quality HR support services by developing a collaborative partnership with managers and individual staff members.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing including staff training and development.
- Ensure proper filing of updated and accurate information in personnel file and support audit, i.e. contracts, agreements (MoU/MoA/LoA) etc.
- Participate in salary and benefit surveys, and analyze data, to ensure that the organization has accurate and up to date information relating to external pay obligations and assist with local tax obligations.
- Keep abreast with local labour laws and make recommendations for changes to management to ensure HR policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Ensure that the organization complies with health and safety and security regulation examine and report on accidents and related incidents for the staff as well recommendations as necessary.
- Facilitate day-to-day general administration support functions including, logistics, organizing events, sponsored workshops,, training courses, travel arrangements, travel visas, staff relocation and general services to ensure smooth and efficient office operations.
- Ensure that the office adheres to all relevant Center policies and procedures in the areas of administration, host-country relations and other pertinent areas.
- Knowledge of local immigration laws relating to international staff.
- Ensure proper filing of updated and accurate information in corporate documents, i.e. contracts, agreements (MoU/MoA/LoA) etc.
- Manage the day-to-day office communication that includes drafting of correspondence, mail distribution (incoming letters), incoming and outgoing communications and routing it to the appropriate personnel for action/follow-up.
- Manage project transport for the office and office petty cash.
- Manage office assets including, motor vehicles maintenance and all office equipment and ensure their appropriate insurance coverage, update of asset register and accountable use of the assets.
- Undertake other tasks as appropriate to further advance relevant strategies and initiatives and as discussed with WorldFish and One-CGIAR’s leadership.
- Undertake other HR/Administration tasks as instructed by Supervisor.
This job might be for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or advanced administrative experience.
- At least 3 years proven experience in HR and administration related field, preferably in an international organization.
- Knowledge of the Zambian Government legal requirements with regards of labour, taxation, occupational health and safety, customs, permits and visas and other relevant legislation.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings.
- Basic accountancy skills to manage petty cash account.
- Good skills in record keeping, including electronic filing and databases.
- Good people management skills and customer service oriented.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Human Resources Management.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Good relationships with key offices in Government of Zambia.
Salary & Benefits
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position and WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, provident fund contribution, paid leave and others.
The position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. Interviews will be held virtually with shortlisted candidates in November 2021. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial of one (01) year fixed-term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 07 November 2021:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate for this role referring to the key responsibilities and what you would bring to the role;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report. None of referees will be contacted without your permission and only if the role is offered.
Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. We aim to also seek balance across other diversity dimensions.
People in WorldFish are treated equally irrespective of gender, ethnicity/race, national or social origin, disability, religion, political affiliation, age, family size, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage qualified women and men from developing nations to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.