The Salvation Army
Job Title: Hospital Administrator
Principal Duties / Responsibilities:
The principal responsibilities of the Hospital Administrator are:
1. To implement the policies and decisions of Hospital Management Board and Executive Council
2. To represent Chikankata Mission Hospital at the District Health Management Board and develop good working relationships with the administrative offices of the District Health Office, Provincial Health Offices, Ministry of Health HQ and other governmental offices.
3. To ensures that Chikankata Mission Hospital and its associated departments are provided with the resources required to provide affordable and accessible healthcare and quality training to its users
4. To recruit, retain and develop high quality staff in line with Ministry of Health procedures, Salvation Army guidelines and the Hospital Performance Appraisal System
5. To ensure the infrastructure, equipment and vehicles of the Hospital and its Training Institutions are maintained and developed to serve the objectives of Chikankata Mission Hospital
6. To direct the financial matters of Chikankata Mission Hospital, through the Business Manager and Senior Accountant’s offices, to make sure that the hospital runs within its set and approved budgets and to ensure that financial resources are used properly and accounted for clearly.
7. To liaise with the medical / nursing managers to ensure that good practice and the highest standard of patient care within the Hospital.
8. To oversee and supervise the various departments and their respective managers with in the Administration Department (see attachment).
9. To chair the Hospital Finance Committee, the Housing Committee, the Human Resource Committee, the Disciplinary Committees and all other committees as set by the Ministry of Health.
10. To ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are met for the operation of the institution.
11. To advise the members of the Hospital Management Board in the administrative and financial functions and ensure these departments are run in line with the Ministry of Health and/or external donor guidelines.
12. To facilitate good working relationships between staff members, trade union representatives and hospital management.
13. To promote community development, participation and responsibility in health care delivery and represent the Hospital on the Territorial Community Development Council.
14. To prepare the Action Plan and Budget and oversee the Performance Assessment process, in conjunction with other Managers for the Hospital, as per Ministry of Health guidelines.
14. To deputize for the Chief Medical Officer in his/her absence
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A committed Christian
- Minimum Vocational/Professional Qualifications: BA Degree with bias in social science
- At least 3 years experience management / executive position in a health care setting
- Must be committed Christian of good standing with The Salvation Army
- Honest and hard working
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Convincing interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to The Salvation Army’s mission and willingness to work in close collaboration other faith-based and non-faith based community organizations.
NOTE: Due to the volume of application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.