John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Position: HIV/TB Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Kitwe, Copperbelt
Reports to: Private Sector Senior Advisor
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) project is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program employs private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365, and PharmAccess.
The HIV/TB Specialist will work together with other project staff to provide technical support and guidance to the USAID ZAM-Health project on the Copperbelt Province, and other project supported provinces as necessary. He/she will provide strategic direction, technical leadership and supervision for strategic vision and work planning, coordination and monitoring of program activities on to strengthen provision of HIV/TB as well as FP/MNCH and Cervical Cancer services, and ensure that USAID ZAM-Health achieves the project objectives on the Copperbelt province. The HIV/TB Specialist will work closely with the MoH at Provincial, District, and project supported facility/site level and will report to the Private Sector Senior Advisor and indirectly to the project Senior HIV/TB Advisor.
Program Management & Development
- Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and support for the implementation of USAID ZAM-HEALTH program activities in HIV/TB on the Copperbelt province;
Ensure that project activities are of high quality and technical excellence across the continuum of care;
- Working together, and with support from the Senior HIV/TB staff, and other project technical staff, develop and review evidence-based clinical training materials, performance standards, and supervisory systems needed for program implementation;
- Plan and coordinate training, mentorship, and site strengthening in HIV/TB to ensure quality services;
- Collaborate with the Social Mobilization and Behavior Intervention team in HIV/TB advocacy and demand creation to increase uptake and utilization;
- Ensure HIV/TB activities are technically sound in accordance with the current national guidelines, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of program beneficiaries, USAID and MOH;
- In collaboration with national, provincial, and district health office counterparts, contribute to developing and implementing health services strengthening strategies in the area of
- HIV/TB/FP/MNCH and CaCx, to ensure quality and sustainable programming;
- Working together and with support from the project FP/MNCH Advisor and MoH team at provincial and district, provide supportive supervision and mentorship to the project supported facilities;
- Participate in and represent USAID ZAM-HEALTH in HIV/TB/FP/MNCH/CaCx provincial technical working groups, meetings, conferences, and other professional fora;
- Work with USAID ZAM-HEALTH M&E staff at provincial and national levels to design and implement a plan to track data/results related to HIV/TB, FP/MNCH and CaCx services;
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, finance, and operations management policies;
- Travel as needed to the project supported sites at provincial level, project national and other provincial offices for support;
- Perform other program related duties as assigned by the supervisor and or other senior staff.
- Medical, Nursing, or other related degree;
- Post-graduate qualification in public health or a closely related field is required;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in health program implementation; experience implementing HIV/TB programs; additional FP/MNCH and CaCx experience is required;
- Experience in quality assurance is an advantage;
- Experience in working with and engaging the private sector is an added advantage;
- Proven experience in health program planning, management, and coordination at provincial level
- Demonstrable expertise in capacity building, including facilitation of training and mentorship of health care providers through supportive supervision;
- Experience working in partnership with the MoH and other stakeholders on HIV/TB, FP/MNCH, and Cervical Cancer Services at provincial level;
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and advocacy skills;
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel to provide technical support to the project supported sites and project supported provinces when necessary.
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected]. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: 26th June, 2022
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.