Afrox Zambia Limited
Afrox Zambia Limited is the leading Gases and Welding solutions providing company in Zambia. It is a member of the Linde Group Plc. The company wishes to fill the executive vacant position of:
Job Title: High Pressure Cylinder Maintainer
Reporting to the Cylinder Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the testing of all cylinders (before filling) for damages to ensure quality product and customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include
- Checking empty cylinders to maintain quality standards i.e. Checking cylinder for dents. rust. corrosion, leaks, broken valves, and spindles, weighing cylinder to check gas levels (Porous Moss). If high, place on Blow-Back Line, ensuring all cylinders have guards. If not, place new one on and record relevant details.
- Ensuring optimum output from cylinder maintenance test Department.
- Blow-Back Line process, i.e. placing dissolved acetylene cylinders (after being weighed for gas) on Blow-Back Line (Blowdown) for twenty-four hours, re-weighing cylinders, using test soap to check for leaks.
- Testing and maintaining valves.
- Safety and good housekeeping in the Test Shop.
- Documentation of all High-pressure cylinder maintenance activities.
- Preparation of Monthly cylinder maintenance report to Cylinder Maintenance Supervisor.
- Full Grade 12 certificate.
- A technical qualification in Mechanical or Heavy Equipment Repair Technician.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Must be a member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (E.I.Z).
If you are interested and you possess the relevant qualifications and experience required, kindly send your application clearly stating the position applied, attaching a detailed C.V. with three traceable referees, copies of academic and professional qualifications to: email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 9th July 2021
Only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.