Yalelo is seeking a highly analytical, meticulous and hands-on Occupational Health and Safety Superintendent with extensive experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
The Superintendent will work closely with SHEQ Manager.
This position is open to Zambians only.
Location: The role will be primarily based at the Yalelo farm in Siavonga but may require occasional travel.
Main Job Purpose:
Coordinates the overall implementation and maintenance of the OHS Management System and promotes continuous improvement practices that reduce the business Occupational Health and risk.
The Right-Fit candidate will drive and facilitate the implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Management (OHSM) systems in line with:
- System standards;
- Corporate standards and guidelines;
- Legislative requirements and Business process requirements
- Introduces, sells and champions OHSMS best practices, and customizes to suit business needs
- Co-ordinates, monitors and audits all OHSMS activities related to the business and ensures all business SHE activities meet Yalelo and legislative requirements.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Is custodian of the business OHSM system, and as such is responsible for ensuring: The system is maintained, and adequate data and document management practices are adhered to
- Is responsible for all business OHSMS information collation and reporting, in line with business and corporate requirements
- Business and Contractor statistics
- Annual, quarterly and monthly tracking of OKRs
- Monitoring OHS objectives and targets
- Provides specialist support to the relevant business teams
- Drives assists with and collate general SHE risks assessments;
- Delivers OHS training programs, and Liaises on annual and day to day issues with regulatory authorities, independent OHS auditing bodies, and the Yalelo SHE team
- Maintain best practice and knowledge base through networks within the wider SHE community internal and external
- Co-ordinate OHS related contractors e.g. Fire Equipment.
- Legal Appointments
- Formulates and prepares legal appointments in terms of regulatory and system requirements
- Management of Change
Our OHS Superintendent should have:
- A degree in Occupational Health and Safety or bachelor’s degree of any Science or other relevant qualification
- Industry Experience: At least 3- 5 years’ work experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Trained in SHE Function, Preliminary Incident investigation, ASHEP is an added advantage
- Knowledge of aquaculture marine systems.
- Must have an excellent track record with maintenance and continuous improvement of Safety, health, and environment within a plant
- Must have working knowledge and experience of OHS Act and Compensation for Occupational Injury and Disease Act, Environmental Legislation and other relevant legislation
- Knowledgeable about ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001
- Analytical: Unpack Data and make sense of it – must be very strong
- Highly disciplined
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work a schedule outside business hours and/or flexible shifts.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Be detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Honesty: Must always convey accurate data to management. Honesty is critical to help manage problem solve any issues.
- Multi-tasking: Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and follow procedures exactly, every time.
- Communication: Demonstrate effective communication and professionalism at all levels. Must be able to effectively communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Great Attendance: Must be able to maintain attendance (48 hours/week) and work with limited supervision.
- Judgment: Demonstrate professional judgment, relate all information and data to management. 100% accuracy expected and must be prepared to discuss any issues that deviate from normal laboratory procedures.
- Flexibility: Adapts to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities.
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!!
To apply for this job please visit yalelo.breezy.hr.