The Salvation Army
Job Title: Health Officer
Health Officer Job Responsibilities
- Work with the Salvation Army health institutions in Zambia and ensure that they are adhering to the standards and guidelines of both the Ministry of health and the Salvation Army.
- Supervise all Primary Health Care programs such as HIV and MCH programs that the territory is implementing through its projects.
- Provide guidance and advise to THQ on all health related issues.
- Involved in resource mobilization through proposals for funding for health projects in the territory.
- Develop the assessment plan for health institutions which includes colleges,
- Develop the TSA reporting system for the health institutions
- Act as a link between THQ (Territorial Headquarters) and the health institutions including Mitanda Home for the aged and ensure that all standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- Be the liaison person between the Salvation Army and the Ministry of Health.
- Be able to design good responses in collaboration with the Ministry of health during outbreaks.,
- Attend all program meetings as needed.
- Provide quarterly reports to management on all Health related programs and projects.
Health Officer Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of Health policies and able to analyze them.
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Administrative policies and procedures
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, build relationships with stakeholders
- In addition to English, should be able to communicate in a number of local languages,
- Commitment to Salvation Army’s development and Christian values
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field
- A master’s in Public Health will be an added advantage
- Experience of having worked in health field for 8 years with 3 years in senior management or advisory position. Working in the public sector is an added advantage.
- Valid class B manual driver’s license or higher with more than two years
- Registered with the Health Professional Council of Zambia or General Nursing Council
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.