Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To proactively lead and manage the SME & ESD Team by embedding a sales culture with a focus on Acquisition, retention and expansion, thus optimising the economic value of clients. Manage quality service delivery to clients, risk and compliance and strategic objectives, driving efficiency and productivity, planning and implementing change initiatives and performance plans.
Accountability: Overall Sales Management – 20%
- Ensure Enterprise Banking is aligned to the overall Business Banking sales strategy by continuously reviewing, and modifying where necessary and ensuring consistent communication to Enterprise Bankers (direct reports) and staff.
- Constantly follow up in relation to the formulation, implementation and management of 90 day plans designed to embed the strategy.
- Take full accountability of Sales targets set for the financial year and the achievement of the targets by formulating action plans which provide clear direction to sales management and staff and ensuring achievement of plans.
- Take full responsibility to ensure that all requirements with regard to compliance, regulatory or other risk standards are adhered to by all sales staff within the regions, by conducting regular operational meetings, clearly recording actions and follow up of all outstanding issues.
- Be responsible for the Enterprise sales teams by having skilled and positive teams in place to drive the implementation of strategy and delivery on targets.
- Manage and monitor, through Relationship/Sales Managers, that appropriate and client centric solutions are developed by professional teams.
- Monitor through client feedback, the defection of clients and ensure that line management initiate and monitor appropriate client retention and retrieval strategies.
- Develop a business plan in partnership with all Relationship Managers and Enterprise Bankers with sector and product specialists that will bring about sustainable balance sheet growth.
- Implement and embed the tactical and strategic business change initiatives in the Enterprise area.
- Drive and measure the financial and sales targets of the sales team by utilising the relevant sales information.
- Ensure that the sales team operate and position Business Banking in a dynamic and highly competitive market place by interacting with the correct role players and driving key initiatives to secure the client retention and growth.
Accountability: Customer/Marketing Focus – 15%
- Support Relationship Managers and Enterprise Bankers in ensuring that only quality and profitable business is generated, in line with credit and risk guidelines and the effective marketing of the Enterprise sales team and marketing staff.
- Drive and maintain through the Relationship Managers and Enterprise Bankers high levels of customer interaction with existing and potential customers and other role players.
- Support and guide Relationship Managers and Enterprise Bankers on the initiation of appropriate events which facilitate meaningful client interaction and networking which will lead to improved market penetration and maintenance of the Barclays brand.
- Ensure, through Relationship Managers and Enterprise Bankers and staff, the retention of top clients through the provision of appropriate customer solutions within risk and pricing parameters that satisfy both the customer and the Bank’s needs.
- Create an environment which ensures effective collaboration between product partners and risk which produces customised client solutions.
- Take responsibility for creating opportunities where senior Business Banking Executives are able to meet with top end customers on a regular basis with the aim of creating and maintaining solid client relationships.
Accountability: Client and Peer Relationship Management – 25%
- Oversee the development and implementation of an Enterprise strategy that matches the cost to serve with current and potential client profitability.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a customer contact programme and linkages with Retail Branch Mangers to ensure that Enterprise Banking achieves high levels of Client interactions.
- Work with the relevant Business Banking and Retail (channel) stakeholders to ensure appropriate profiling of clients within the Segment to ensure that the Customer Value Proposition (CVP) is relevant and will differentiate Barclays proposition in the market place.
- Engaging regularly with clients in order to determine customer experience and whether key needs are being adequately met by the value proposition.
- Utilise any customer feedback received during these visits to enhance and improve the Client Management Strategy and overall Customer Service within the Segment.
- Actively work to resolve all customer complaints received within the Service Level Agreement. Communicate these timeframes to the team members on a regular basis to ensure that there is a visible improvement on customer satisfaction across the Segment.
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with Product and Sector Heads, and other peers in order to devise the best propositions for clients.
- Build pro-active relationships with the Segment’s Credit team ensuring alignment on credit risk appetite and competitive turnaround times.
- Share best practice and industry knowledge with Peers in order to maximise segment performance and support the implementation of the Business Banking strategic initiatives.
- Position and profile the Enterprise business offering with the media, Government, NGOs, Corporate and other strategic stakeholders.
Accountability: Financial Focus – 20%
- Formulate and implement appropriate business plans that support the strategic agenda of the region and ensure that these are implemented and monitored.
- Set key financial targets and ensure that these are monitored on a continuous basis (taking full accountability for all income and expenses) by the relevant Relationship Managers and Enterprise Bankers.
- Manage the pricing on customer portfolios to ensure that the Bank achieves an equitable risk-reward across the portfolio of customers.
- Manage and support the sales team with acquisition, retention and expansion on new and existing clients.
- Ensure Enterprise Banking contributes to overall performance of the business unit by meeting or exceeding budget on income statement and balance sheet and implement strategic initiatives of particular segment or value propositions.
- Effectively manage the credit risk profile of clients and adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all relevant governance, controls and compliance requirements are fully met.
- Review audit scopes in the team and Barclays Internal Audit or Management Assurance prior to audits commencing.
- Review audit issue/findings logs to ensure adequate attention is given to closure within the agreed timelines.
- Review and approve Risk and Control assessments (RCA’s) prepared in the function. Complete attestation to testify to the adequacy of controls on request.
- Drive a culture of proactive compliance in the function.
Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.