Website United Bank for Africa (Z) Limited
Position: Head, Public Sector Group
Division: Public Sector Group
Department: Wholesale Banking
The Head, Public Sector Group is responsible for growing the bank’s share of Public Sector business by signing on more revenue accounts, participate in government projects financing deals and mobilizing deposits from them.
Functionally reports to the Head, Public Sector & Institutional Banking
Administratively reports to the Head, Public Sector & Institutional Banking
Relationship Managers & Relationship Officers
- Design product offerings, and services to meet the needs of the public sector ensure.
- Regular contacts with State governments, and other elected officials to strengthen the Bank’s revenue generation from the public sector.
- Liaise with Business managers and Regional directors to implement strategies/plan to establish UBA’s market presence in the public sector.
- Grow the Bank’s existing Public Sector products (collections, payments, loans).
- Understand and monitor government policies and pronouncements.
- Develop market strategies and valued relationships to increase revenue from the public sector.
- Provide advisory support to direct reports by identifying business opportunities and drawing a plan/program to achieve set targets.
- Meet with government executives, and elected officials of public service agencies etc to solidify business relationships with the bank.
- Provide performance report to the Head, Public Sector & Institutional Banking, highlight key issues, and proffer professional recommendations where necessary.
- To other duties as assigned by the Head, Public Sector & Institutional Banking.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of key accounts acquired
- Percentage achievement of set targets against budgets
- Number of assigned tasks successfully completed
- Level of Market penetration of key public sector areas
- Good Leadership skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent relationship management skills and Interpersonal skills.
- Selling/Marketing skills.
- Ability to identify and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Persistent and focused on achieving objectives.
Job Requirements & Knowledge:
- Accounting, Finance and Financial analysis
- Policy and Regulatory Interpretation skill and Implementation capability
- Good understanding of the Zambian banking industry.
- Knowledge of the bank’s policies, products and services.
- Relationship management.
- Knowledge on Regulatory policies.
- Financial cost Management.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of a first degree or second class lower degree (BSc) from a recognized university
- An additional qualification – MBA/M.SC and/or professional qualifications is required
- Candidate must have 10 years banking experience, out of which at least 8 years must have been spent in Management cadre
- Proven track record of successfully developing, and implementing strategic initiatives and programs
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credits on their Grade 12 results with Mathematics and English included.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements must send a copy of their CV, a cover letter, and academic qualifications to [email protected] before 7th April 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.