Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC)
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC), is the Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia providing water and sanitation services under the provision of the Water and Sanitation Act No. 28 of 1997.
The vision of the Company is be “National Best in Water Supply and Sanitation Services” and whose mission is to “Sustainably provide quality Water Supply and Sanitation Services to the satisfaction of the customer while embracing innovation and stakeholder support”
To achieve this, the company endeavors to ensure that it has the adequate staff with the right skills.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancy:
HEAD- PROCUREMENT- SALARY GRADE CMS-3
To plan, implement and control the Purchasing & Supply function and ensure timely procurement of spares, materials, equipment and services from the most competitive and reliable sources to sustain continuous company operations, and ensure economic management and control of material store in accordance with established budget and programmes for the smooth operation of the company.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, formulate and implement procurement policies and procedures for the company in accordance with the Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) Act.
- Be conversant with the use of the eGP system as developed by Government.
- Ensure submission and approval of the procurement plan by ZPPA
- Ensure preparations of the quarterly, biannual and yearly reports
- Submission of quarterly and annual reports to Management and ZPPA
- Supervises timely procurement of quality equipment, stores and services in order to facilitate smooth running of the company.
- Plan and manage the distribution/supply of various office requirements in order to facilitate the operations of the company.
- Control supply of materials to users in accordance with standing procedures.
- Manage the preparation of tender documents timely and accurately and ensure transparency in tendering procedures to facilitate compliancy with ZPPA regulations
- Supervises effectively and efficiently staff and operations in the department in order to ensure that the company objectives are attained.
- Manage and supervise the procurement of quality equipment, stores and services in order to facilitate smooth running of the company.
- Negotiate with approved suppliers to obtain the most competitive prices, quality and delivery, thereby ensuring value for money to the Company.
- Preparing tender committee papers and circulations to members
- Develop systems aimed at ensuring that recommendation to purchase goods and services are in conformity with the requirements and according to procedures
- Review Procurement and supply systems to ensure stock items do not reach critical levels nor become far in excess of demand.
- Provide technical advice to the Managing Director of the most suitable supplier (through the evaluation of tender documents) meeting supply contract specifications set out by the company.
- Prepare financial requirements and annual budget for the department; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Evaluating of bids and make recommendations
- Manage and encourage staff, optimizes their outputs and effectively manages relationships in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Undertake and agree to performance targets and conduct appraisal for all staff under his/ her supervision
- Prepare accurate routine procurement and special reports required by the supervisor on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Perform any other duties as delegated by superiors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply/ Chain Management or equivalent discipline
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Proven Business Knowledge and practical experience in an engineering industry or Company.
- Paid up Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and supply.
- Minimum of 4 Years practical work experience in a reputable institution at Managerial level Excellent working knowledge of Public Procurement as well as World Bank, African Development Bank and European Investment Bank Procurement Procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) Act as well as Knowledge of the FIDIC conditions of contracting and procurement.
- Highly developed leadership and management skills;
- Strategic/Business planning skills;
- Contract management and administration.
- Good in Procurement analysis. Supply chain management
- Good working knowledge of computer including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project for project management.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills;
HOW TO APPLY
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 17th September, 2021. ChWSSC provides equal employment opportunities and those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their application letters, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Director-Human Resources Administration
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
P.O. Box 410397
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia