Closing Date: 2022/05/13
Reference Number: HOL220429-4
Job Title: Head : Operations (Zambia, Lusaka)
Business Unit: Hollard International
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Reporting To: CEO
Number of Positions: 1
Location – Town / City: Lusaka
Location – Province: Other
Location – Country: Zambia
Job Advert Summary
Hello…an exciting new opportunity has just become available in our HINT, Life Operations area. We are looking to recruit a Head of Operations. This role is based in Zambia, Lusaka.
- To support the strategic goals of the Hollard Life Zambia by ensuring systems, processes and efficiency models are implemented; through innovative solutions.
- Formulate and deliver operations strategy in line with Zambia Life operating model
- Drive operational excellence in the Zambia Life value chain
- Drive towards lowest possible renewal cost per policy
- Continuously improve business processes and operational efficiencies
- Ensure overall efficient running of the Zambia Life administrative departments
- Critical analysis and interpretation of business requirements to optimize resources
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining service level agreements with suppliers
- Implement best practice principles in people management and development
- Manage maintenance costs
- Develop operational capability to handle different types of schemes and products
- Effectively implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage customer compliments and complaints
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Insurance Industry in similar role will be an added advantage
- General business acumen
- Life insurance and distribution industry knowledge and experience
- Good working knowledge of the Insurance Act.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills and the ability to unlock sales and production.
- Cost Management and control
- Demonstrate responsible behaviour with regards to cost containment.
- Be able to make informed decisions re cost to facilitate growth
- Leadership and energy
- Good creative skills
- Good market and industry knowledge
- Value driven behavior
- Good organization and communication skills
- Risk management knowledge
- Structural and analytical thinker
- Compliance knowledge: Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations
- Ethical behaviour
- Corporate governance knowledge
- Communication and leadership skills to engage with Board members
- Organization skills
- Presentation skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- A combination of initiation and integration skills
- Completer finisher
- Strong management skills
- Organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Process oriented
- Results and action oriented
- Grade 12 Certificate and or O Levels
- Business Studies degree or equivalent thereof
- Appropriate post graduate qualification
To apply for this job please visit hollard.erecruit.co.