Sonshine School is a private institution under Northmead Assemblies of God Church located in Olympia Park, Lusaka. We provide quality education in nursery, primary and secondary school levels.
We are looking for a qualified Head of Social Sciences Department to take full responsibility for the running of the Department. This means ensuring the provision of top class education for pupils, with a strong commitment to spiritual, character, and leadership development. He/she should also be an experienced teacher of Civic Education and English Language.
Head of Social Sciences Department with the following teaching combination – Civic Education/English
The following are responsibilities of the Head of Social Sciences Department:
- Oversee the running of the department in all facets.
- Ensure that members of staff execute their work professionally.
- Attend to visitors and parents that visit the department.
- Offer spiritual and moral support to members of staff and pupils.
- Conduct devotion with members of staff.
- Coordinate assessments in the department and monitor students’ academic progress using the tracking system.
- Orient new members of staff assigned to the department.
- Identify training needs of all members of staff at the department.
- Conduct performance appraisal and evaluation for members of staff.
- Advising and contributing to curriculum development at school.
- To liaise with management on matters that relate to the efficient and effectiveness of managing the department.
- To ensure high levels of discipline are upheld among members of staff and pupils.
- Draw the section budget and carry out purchases if assigned.
- Manage resources in the department.
- Carry out other lawful duties assigned by management.
- Formulate policies and keep recorders for the department.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Certification by TCZ (Teaching Council of Zambia)
- Not less than 3 years teaching experience will be an added advantage.
Terms: Salary, terms and conditions of employment as per contract.
Please submit your soft copies of resume, cover letter, references and applicable certifications to the following email; [email protected] and copy [email protected]
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applications will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.