The Head of Sales has the primary role of leading the sales team, overseeing activities of the junior and senior professionals and monitoring performance. The Head of Sales defines and communicates the business’s KPIs and targets to junior sales personnel on a regular basis, analyses patterns in client and market behavior, and subsequently defines data-driven action strategies in order to consistently optimize the business’s commercial performance. The role of Head of Sales is a data-driven role that requires commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the client base, the competitive market, and an ability to analyze sales team performance. The Head of Sales role is an integral part of the business because it centers on the management of external partners and collaborations with numerous internal teams.
1. Leadership/Supervisory Role
- The Head of Sales is charged with the responsibility to lead the sales team.
- The Head of Sales oversees developing weekly/monthly/annual and seasonal sales targets for the team, examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvements, and taking responsibility for the team’s performance against targets.
2. Strategy & Culture
- She/he is tasked with implementing sales strategies that further the team’s agenda and drives enhanced revenue generation for the business. The Head of Sales, with the oversight of the Chief Commercial Officer, creates and implements sales action plans that incorporate key actions that work to set KPI’s for the business.
- The Head of Sales is responsible for interpreting and overseeing the adoption of department’s vision and values, which forms part of the work culture. He also plays a mentorship role to the sales team, assisting in the execution of duties upon request, honing their professional skills, and readying them for occupation of his position in his absence or retirement.
3. Sales Management
- Lead sales channels to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth
- Maintain high penetration of all company’s products/services through effective channel management
4. Base Management
- The Head of Sales is responsible for providing detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to senior management. Through his various research and analyses, the Head of Sales identifies areas of improvement in sales strategies and with a view of establishing actionable insights for the improving of sales and business profits.
- The Head of Sales is also tasked with managing key relationships on behalf of the business. The Head of Sales builds strong relationships with the external partners and clients and regularly interacts with them by attending sales workshops, seminars and hosting events, hosting sales events for the business’s product, playing an active role in industry organizations and so forth.
- Customer Retention: effectively retain customers by ensuring proactive strategies to build and maintain high customer satisfaction.
5. Revenue & Opex Budget
- Efficiently optimize utilization of the budgets. Keep Net Acquisition costs and other sales related cost under control to ensure that EBITDA margins across regions are sustained
6. People Management
- Improved performance by each employee
- All sales staff performance contracts and appraisals completed and submitted as scheduled
- Well trained team members
- Improved teamwork
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Holds a University Degree in business/marketing,
- MBA is an added advantage
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Marketing(ZIM)
- Telecom Experience at management level.
- At least ten years’ experience with a minimum of five years in a commercial role at senior management level
- Five or more years’ managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit www.enchinto.co.zm.