Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
The job holder should be proactive in the identification and effective management of legal risks on behalf of the Bank. They will provide quality and effective legal support to Absa Bank Zambia as well as provide company secretarial support to Zambia in the form of monitoring and compliance with policies and provisions of high-level information.
- Assist Absa in identifying and managing legal risk, liaising directly with the legal advisers of the businesses as appropriate.
- Provide company secretarial support to Zambia in the form of monitoring and compliance with policies and provisions of high-level information.
- Provide legal advice to senior business managers as required, to ensure that legal issues are identified and resolved, and that legal risk is managed appropriately within Zambia.
- Ensure that all aspects of legal risk are identified, covered and controlled in the implementation of new projects, systems, procedures and products.
- Develop and deliver strategic legal risk management initiatives.
- Channel for distributing and receiving information critical to Group Corporate Secretariat (GCS) as required.
- Provision of company secretarial service and advice to senior management within Absa’ Zambia, including listing obligations (debt and equity), Annual General Meeting (AGM), Report and Accounts etc.
- Responsibility for process of notifications to the Bank of Zambia (BOZ) and other regulatory authorities of authorized persons.
- Contribute to the development of strategy through identification of legal risk.
- Liaise with external law firms and other service providers.
Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Law, Military Science and Security (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.