Zynle Technologies Limited
Zynle is a fast-growing software powerhouse and the leading provider of university/college ERP, Mobile and Messaging and Payment software solutions.
The Head of Engineering will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee activities in the Engineering department, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the company.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Oversees the preparation and final approval of project plans.
- Conducts or acquires cost analysis for development projects; prepares or delegates preparation of schedule of project completion dates.
- Ensures that projects are completed within budget and in an economical manner.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the company’s engineering
- Collaborates with the company’s executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Establishes and administers the departments budget.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the organizations industry.
- Negotiates cost-effective contracts for the organization; coordinates and implements contractors work, and resolves any disputes over labor, scheduling, or payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage the team through the transition to a new ERP system involving new workflows.
- Manage four servers
- Configure and manage production and developer Linux networks, including firewalls and monitoring tools.
- Manage development of diverse software for network connect entertainment devices, including embed, desktop, and internet host applications.
- Implement the scrum methodology and tools for a TDD and continuous integration.
- Design large scale distribute applications using Java and XML.
- Institute IaaS, PaaS and true SaaS technology for leading edge product offerings.
- Spearhead cutting edge innovations in key areas relate to cloud storage, internet of things.
- Work to establish a Development/Operations partnership that can move the products and company into the modern era of SaaS approaches.
- Drive the overall QA team to a set of improve and consistent processes after a gap analysis of the team.
- Encourage each member’s personal and professional development and mentor, train, and build them into a cohesive scrum.
- Ensure infrastructure supports clinical grade transactions and availability.
- Implement technical strategy create development infrastructure for hardware and software environments.
- Parallel compute portfolio value and risk results using Java concurrency and thread synchronization.
- Lead developer and co-architect working alongside CTO to develop the core product, an elastic distribute computing platform as a service.
- Direct test and integration activities for the ERP projects.
- Architect a scalable ad distribution server and database farms for selective targeting.
- Design and create object models, database schemas, components and service interfaces.
- Maintain currency in the operating environment by upgrading operating systems, system software utilities and hardware throughout the environment.
- Initiate the development of advance information processing and transmission electronics using commercial hardware through strategic alliances with commercial industry and universities.
- Collaborate with CTO on development of initial product concept featuring innovative technologies.
- Design and implement on premise data center, integration lab and logistics storage facility.
- Define SDLC process quality initiatives base on release quality metrics analysis to drive continuous quality improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required; MBA preferred.
- At least five years of related experience required.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1st October 2021
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.