Website United Bank for Africa (Z) Limited
Position: Head, Commercial Banking
Division: Commercial Banking
Department: Wholesale Banking
The Head, Commercial Banking is responsible for driving client acquisition and management of existing Commercial client relationships consistent with the Bank’s strategy in-order to achieve desired quality of business growth.
Functionally reports to the Head, Corporate/ Commercial Banking
Administratively reports to the Head, Corporate/ Commercial Banking
Relationship Managers and Relationship Officers
- Primary responsibility for the management of own portfolio of customers ensuring that they receive the appropriate level of service and advice to meet their specific needs.
- Identify and develop commercial banking relationships.
- Enhance client retention by providing a one-stop point of contact for all the client’s needs and requirements while providing world class customer service
- Establish and develop various sales strategies to meet ever changing customer needs in liaison with the Product Development Team
- Maintain and acquire and reactivate customer relationships to improve deposit liability growth and mix.
- Conduct market research and competitor analyses within marketing area and develop strategies that will give the bank a large part of the market within its vicinity.
- Recommend the creation of viable and profitable risk assets to increase business office profitability weekly and monthly statistics/performance reports for management use.
- Sourcing for and monitoring of customer’s tenured investment / facilities.
- Design product offerings tailored to meet the needs of the commercial sector in the country while maintaining regular contacts with their executives to push the Bank’s business.
- Initiate and carry out recovery action on non-performing credits facilities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve the approved Commercial Banking PBT target for the Bank
- 100% attainment of annual targets (Deposits, Risk Assets, fees & commission, client conversions)
- % of large corporate sector accounts controlled by UBA in the country
- Timeliness in delivering revenue generation reports
- Timeliness & effectiveness in completion of assigned tasks
- Efficiency level at executing scheduled and ad hoc assignments
- Effectiveness establishing new relationships
- Targets Assigned Vs Actual
- Interpersonal skills
- Advisory skill
- Strategic Thinking
- Relationship Management
- Negotiation & Analytical skill
- Product Development
- Leadership skill
- Selling & Marketing skill
Job Requirements & Knowledge:
- Accounting, Finance and Financial analysis
- Policy and Regulatory Interpretation skill and Implementation capability
- Good understanding of the Zambian banking industry.
- Knowledge of the bank’s policies, products and services.
- Relationship management.
- Knowledge on BOZ Regulatory policies.
- Financial cost Management.
- Internal processes and policies of the bank
- Good understanding of financial services sector
- Banking products
- Candidate must possess a minimum of a first degree or second class lower degree (BSc) from a recognized university
- An additional qualification – MBA/M.SC and/or professional qualifications is required
- Candidate must have 10 years banking experience, out of which at least 8 years must have been spent in Management cadre
- Proven track record of successfully developing, and implementing strategic initiatives and programs
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credits on their Grade 12 results with Mathematics and English included.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements must send a copy of their CV, a cover letter, and academic qualifications to [email protected] before 7th April 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.