The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and controls to ensure the Company’s compliance with relevant laws, regulations and regulatory and licensing guidelines;
- Provides Compliance support and advisory to the business and commercial departments;
- Conducts risk assessments to identify potential areas of non-compliance, and implementing measures to mitigate those risks;
- Works with various business units on regulatory and compliance obligations relating to the company’s licensed and regulated product offerings;
- Conducts investigations into suspected breaches of laws and regulations, and reporting any findings to Management for action and remediation;
- Establishes and manages the company’s AML/CFT program;
- Establishes written policies and procedures regarding the AML/CFT, customer acceptance policies, the measures to control money laundering risk including guideline on the customer due diligence in accordance with the requirements by Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC), Bank of Zambia (BOZ) and other applicable international laws and regulations;
- Ensures that the company’s systems and controls enable the company to identify, assess, monitor and manage money laundering risk through regular periodic reviews;
- Ensures all regulatory requirements and recommendations for AML/CFT;
- Ensures compliance with all applicable anti-money laundering (AML) regulations issued by the Financial Intelligence Centre, Bank of Zambia or applicable international regulations;
- Prepares and submits regular reports on AML compliance activities to senior management and the regulators where required.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s in finance, Accounting, Business management, Legal or other related fields;
- 4 years plus experience in compliance, AML or related field;
- CAMS Certification and knowledge of AML/CFT local/regional/international regulatory requirements;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are a must as it is necessary to relay alternative solutions regarding AML/KYC issues to staff members.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!
Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted and the closing date for accepting applications is 24/01/2024.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.