Hatchery Feeding Team Leader
Yalelo is seeking a hardworking, innovative, and diligent Feeding Team Leader with experience in a leadership role in the fish farming industry. The Hatchery Feeding Team Leader oversees all feeding activities in the hatchery.
Location: The role will be primarily based in Siavonga.
The Right Fit candidate will:
- Ensure that correct feed types are available for feeding.
- Generate insights in feeding patterns and recommends adjustments.
- Validate and sign off on data collected and reported before submitting to Data and Analytics team
- Oversees mortality collection and ensure that water quality is maintained at optimal states.
- Ensure team members have the right Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Coordinate on-the-job training of new feeders
- Plan shift rotations
- Maintain records and prepares reports on feeding operation, ensures inventories, equipment, and capital improvements are properly maintained, coordinates feeding operation with other department functions.
- Align with warehouse Team Leader and D&A data clerks on feeding records, feed availability and usability.
- Ensure that Yalelo policies and procedures are observed and adhered to at all times.
The Hatchery Feeding Team Leader Must Have:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Aquaculture and Fisheries, or another related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of fish nutrition and feeding patterns.
- Experience working in a Tilapia Hatchery
- Knowledge in essential computer software/packages like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.