WCP Zambia is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to tackling
wildlife and environmental crime. Operating in Zambia, we work with partners across
landscapes to empower communities and foster positive change. We are currently seeking a
highly motivated and experienced Grants Coordinator to join our dynamic team.
1. Grant Management:
• Oversee the entire grants management cycle, from proposal development to
reporting, ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
• Coordinate the submission of high-quality proposals and reports, adhering to
deadlines and guidelines.
2. Donor Relations:
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with donors, responding to
queries and providing regular updates on project progress.
• Research and identify new funding opportunities, aligning them with the
organization’s strategic priorities.
3. Budget Oversight:
• Work closely with programme teams to develop and monitor project budgets,
ensuring accuracy and alignment with donor regulations.
• Provide technical assistance to programme and finance team staff in budget
development, financial reporting and audit preparations.
4. Compliance and Reporting:
• Ensure adherence to donor regulations, organizational policies, and legal
• Prepare comprehensive and timely reports for donors, highlighting project
achievements, challenges, and financial expenditures in collaboration with
project and finance staff.
5. Capacity Building:
• Facilitate knowledge sharing and learning within the organization regarding
6. Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Collaborate with the M&E team to establish effective monitoring and
evaluation mechanisms for grant-funded projects.
• Bachelor’s and Postgraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., Conservation Science,
International Development, Business Administration).
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in grants coordination within the international
• Strong understanding of donor regulations and reporting requirements.
• Proficient in budget development and financial management.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment.
• Opportunity to contribute towards the senior management of a dynamic team
pioneering wildlife and environmental protection, climate resilience and behaviour
change in southern Africa.
• Flat hierarchy with opportunities for further training and career progression
• Engagement and meaningful work with room for your own ideas
• Additional benefits include medical insurance, transport and communication costs.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter to
[email protected] by 28 Feb 2024 but applications will be reviewed as they
are received and if you are interested you should apply as soon as possible. Please include
“Grants Coordinator Application – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.