At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
- This role will be responsible for assisting in the establishing of preventative and responsive Instrumentation maintenance and development within the Processing plant; to learn how operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner, while been trained how to achieve compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Assist and learn regarding; the installation of new Instrumentation equipment, replacement of old, faulty or redundant Instrumentation equipment as per the Company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
- Assist and learn regarding; the correct hardware interlocking and safety parameter settings for effective and safe operation of all Mechanical/Electrical equipment.
- Assist and learn regarding; the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Assist and learn regarding; the completion of how safety logbooks are completed, checked and signed according to the procedure.
- Assist and learn regarding; management of stock levels for Instrumentation spare parts and necessary sub-assemblies, which are used on site, to be maintained in the warehouse and report all defective or substandard equipment to your direct supervisor.
- Assist and learn regarding; how to troubleshoot and diagnose problems related to Instrumentation failures.
- Assist and learn regarding; ability to work safely and improve team safety awareness.
- Assist and learn regarding; Instrumentation maintenance on primary gyratory crushers, pebble and secondary cone crushers, conveying systems, SAG and Ball mills, flotation and concentrate handling systems, reagent treatment facilities, water services, tailings facilities and associated equipment.
- Assist and learn regarding; continuous improvement ideas.
- Ability to quickly adapt to technological changes in Instrumentation equipment maintenance.
- Assist and learn regarding; maintaining of the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section.
- Assist and learn how to update Instrumentation & P&ID documents and comply with the Zambian statutory regulations
- Assist and learn regarding; reporting of all defective tools; record keeping and control replacement of tools.
- Any other duties as directed by your supervisor.
Qualification, Experience & Skill:
- G12 Certificate
- BSc degree in Electronic Engineering.
- No experience required.
- Ability to read Hydraulic, Electrical and P&ID drawings.
- Computer literate in the commonly used daily Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Power-point, MS-Projects).
- Valid Zambian driving license.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Ability to register as a member of the Engineering Registration Board of Zambia (ERB).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Motivated to learn and deliver innovation at a technical level.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.