Mabiza Resources Limited
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
1. Role: GEOTECH ENGINEER
Reporting: TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER
Job Purpose: To manage and coordinate all geotechnical engineering service.
To collection and review geotechnical and hydro-geological data to support mining operations and civil engineering projects
2. Responsibilities: –
- Enforcing safety and health standards as per company approved protocols.
- Protect equipment, personnel and tools from damage and injury resulting from fall of ground.
- Reviewing annual and LOM plans and provide relevant geotechnical advice.
- Developing the short term, medium to long term geotechnical plan;
- Contributing to, reviewing, auditing, and signing off of geotechnical databases and models.
- Coordinating and review of geotechnical design.
- Analysis of sub-surface excavations and underground structures.
- Provision of strategic geotechnical advice to stakeholders and input to mine designs.
- Developing ground support systems
- Evaluate the rock mechanics models, designs and processes to optimise ore extraction
- Completing performance analysis, using geotechnical engineering software.
- Identifying and making recommendations in order to mitigate the major risks attributed to geotechnical factors.
- Reducing risk and losses through ensuring that Geotechnical principles are applied proactively to the selection of appropriate mining Strategies, support designs, layouts and techniques.
- Managing deformation and monitoring activities to ensure stability of underground and surface infrastructure.
- Ensuring changes to support, reinforcement and processes are documented, approved and supported by engineering standards, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Budgeting, cost control and project scheduling within parameters provided.
- Achieving operating Cost reduction by end of Financial Year.
- Generation of plans and relevant reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly annually.
- Preparation of required budgets, forecasts and schedules.
- Providing coaching, mentorship of supervisors and direct reports.
- Conducting underground site inspections, ensuring ground control management programmes are in place
- Institute geotechnical best practice and standards.
- Overseeing and reviewing the completion of all geotechnical related statutory monitoring and reporting requirements, including for mothballed operations.
3. Skills & Qualifications: –
- Higher qualification in geotechnical science is added advantage.
- Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Geology or equivalent.
- Member Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- First class Strata Control certificate
- 5 Years’ Experience
- Civil engineering and geotechnical analysis software.
- Computer Skills (MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint) Organisation.
- Reporting and communication.
- Risk Management
- Strong Decision-Making abilities
- Ability to draw up strategic plans
MRL offers equal employment opportunity. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to: –
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 26th January, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.