We at MTN Zambia are a purpose and value-led organization.
At MTN Zambia we believe that understanding our people’s needs and aspirations is key to creating experiences that delight you at work, every day. We are committed to fostering an environment where every member of our Y’ello Family is heard, understood, and empowered to live an inspired life.
Our values keep us grounded and moving in the right direction. Most importantly, they keep us honest. It is not something we claim to be. It is in our DNA.
As an organisation, we consider it our mission to create an exciting and rewarding place to work, where our people can be themselves, thrive in positivity and ignite their full potential. A workplace that boosts creativity and innovation, improves productivity, and ultimately drives meaningful results. A workplace that is built on relationships and achieving a purpose that is bigger than us. This is what we want you to experience with us!
Our commitments go beyond an organisational promise. It is in our leadership and managerial ethos to meaningfully partner with our employees, customers and stakeholders with a vision to realise our shared goals.
We are delighted that you are considering us as your career partner to make a mark in the world. We look forward to your application!
Job Title: General Manager: Risk and Compliance
- Implement the Group risk management framework to effectively manage all risk exposures (opportunity, hazard, uncertainty etc.) that pose both internal and external threat (political, economic, financial, market, international) to the business, its people and assets;
- Implement the Group compliance framework to effectively manage compliance to all applicable laws and regulations and all set policies and procedures;
- Lead the strategic risk and compliance management process through systematic risk identification, evaluation, mitigation and treatment;
- Build a risk-awareness culture in the Company by spearheading and providing ongoing education and appropriate training programmes;
- Investigate and research emerging risks and trends in the industry and ensure timely provision of appropriate advice to management; Develop strategies for ensuring future compliance and mitigation of risk;
- Implement appropriate systems for monitoring the effectiveness of all the risk management services and compliance; and present findings to the relevant stakeholders and governance structures;
- Analyze all costs associated to risk non-compliance, maintenance and prevention and provide appropriate advice to management;
- Ensure risk evaluation through effective implementation of structured risk and compliance management methodologies to avoid adverse risk exposures;
- Lead the effective implementation of appropriate disaster recovery, business continuity, risk management and access control frameworks in the Company;
- Ensure effective implementation of risk management framework and strategies including establishment of appropriate and effective risk mitigation, treatment and management processes;
- Implement the Company’s Ethics management programme to ensure that the organization conducts business in an ethical and socially responsible manner;
- Establish and lead high performance diverse teams to achieve the Company’s risk management objectives; and
- Manage and develop the Risk and Compliance team through effective linkage of performance management, learning and development, talent management, and Employee Value Proposition to achieve optimum performance.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Degree in Business Administration/ Risk Management / Finance/ Accounting or other related disciplines);
- International certification in risk management, business continuity, insurance or post graduate MBA / Masters will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of ten (10) years practical experience in Risk and Compliance management; and
- At least five (5) years in a senior management role.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates are mandated to answer the below on their cover page to the hiring Manager.
Values are the core of MTN Zambia’s culture. Our five values called ‘Live Y’ello’ is the force that unites and inspires each one of us to make an impact that matters in the world. So, tell us: Which one of our five Live Y’ello Values resonates most with you and why? (limit 250 words)
• Lead with Care
• Can-do with Integrity
• Collaborate with Agility
• Serve with Respect
• Act with Inclusion
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted. The closing date for accepting applications is 29 January 2024.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.