Customized Clearing And Forwarding Limited
General Manager (LOGISTICS):
The General Manager (LOGISTICS) will have the ability and vision of the business to set up effective long-term strategies and direction that successfully navigates the start-up business through competitive waters. This includes significant development of new clients to sell our logistics and supply Chain services, as well as building strong/long-term customer relations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, identifying and managing new and existing customers, overseeing daily operations including general sales and sales forecasting, planning the use of materials and staff, and responsibility for the general health and safety standards of the facility.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations / Sales
- Commercial / Business Development
- Key Accounts
- Finance / People Management
- Hands-on in maintaining operational excellence, lead the response to tenders and RFQ’s, and win new clients.
- Represent the Clearing and Forwarding Division (Land Transportation – trucking) in Zambia
- Responsible for operational execution in the key sectors – travel in-country and to group network
- Make proposals, respond to RFQ’s etc to win profitable new business
- Streamline operational processes and SOP’s
- Responsible for the budget, business plan, reporting and general management of the office.
- Formulation of the overall division strategy, ensuring delivery of revenue and profit growth, and implementation of the freight management activity.
- Motivate and drive the group for achieving set targets
- Develop personal relationships with high value accounts
- Select freight operational leadership team
- Ensure KPI’s of freight operations are met for achieving productivity results
- Network with group for expanding trade lanes volumes
- Control costs in line with growth prospects
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and operational excellence
- Have professional knowledge of all the company’s products, including basic construction and have the ability to demonstrate the end use.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Set up an efficient clearing and forwarding unit within the company.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements to engage in clearing and forwarding business are met.
- Identify opportunities to grow and source for clients.
- Negotiate with shipping lines, airlines, transporters and agents.
- Manage customer relationships.
- Oversee the entire clearing and forwarding process to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Completion, filing and reporting of all required business forms, licenses and other legal documents required in the establishment and conduct of the business entity.
- Build all channels to generate sales pipelines and long-term customer relationships to foster revenue generation and growth opportunities.
- Develop marketing strategies.
- Participate in building company’s reputation in the industry.
- Manage staff in compliance with Company and State/Federal policies, regulations and laws; prepare work schedule and assign duties in consonance with established.
- Efficiently manage projects and resources in a way that ensures this is achieved on schedule.
- Determine staffing requirements, train new employees, and work with the HR department to interview, and hire new employees
- Review sales activity reports, and other performance data, to measure productivity and goal achievement for use in executing required actions in cost reduction and program improvements.
- Establishing and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures in harmony with Company, State and Federal policies, laws and/or regulations.
- Oversee activities directly related to making and sourcing products, and providing services, such as a helpline, where relevant.
- Direct and coordinate the company’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, increase efficiency and deliver on agreed upon financial goals. Help prepare financial reports as needed by the Group and Corporate Finance Department
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and assist in setting prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Develop and implement product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
- At least 8 years experience at management level in freight forwarding for major multinational preferably Local clearing and forwarding, trucking and special project forwarding Logistics
- Commercial flair and a proven ability to develop new business and able to develop close relationships with key clients at all levels.
- Strong leadership and motivator
- Good English communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- A good team player.
- Excellent communication skills: Outgoing, positive, engaging in conversation and willing to give up your free time to interact with the public. This requires the skill of public speaking and the ability to speak comfortably in front of a group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
Only candidates who meet the specified qualifications should apply. Please submit an application with the following:
- Cover Letter – 1-page description of why you are suitable for the role of Manager
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – describing your experience, qualifications and 3 traceable referees.
Send via email the stated documentation to [email protected] , make sure to indicate in the email subject line the position you are applying for or drop your applications at the Customized Clearing and Forwarding Limited Plot 3138 Heavy Industrial Area, Lusaka.
Applications should be addressed to: The Human Resource Manager, Customized Clearing and Forwarding Limited Plot 3138 Heavy Industrial Area, P.O Box 31620, Lusaka.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 26th January 2022 at 17:00hrs. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Clearing and Forwarding Limited is an equal opportunity employer, and everyone is free to apply
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@lycogroup.com.