Website Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
General Manager Ref No. GM/VY/18/01/22
CIDRZ Limited, Trading as VenYou Zambia is a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of CIDRZ the NGO. It’s main Strategic Objective is to engage in commercially viable businesses as a means of generating income, ultimately for the parent company. CIDRZ Limited is currently involved in the following business activities:
1. Vehicle Rentals;
2. Events and Conference Management;
3. Real Estate Development and Facilities Management including Warehousing; and
4. Sales and Distribution of Solar Hardware and Maintenance of Solar Power Installations.
CIDRZ Limited is seeking to recruit a seasoned business minded General Manager.
Reporting directly to the CIDRZ NGO Deputy Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager will be responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the company to achieve its Strategic Objectives.
- Support business development initiatives including collaboration. This will include assisting with activities including assessing competitive landscape, business case development, conducting due diligence, lead generation and sourcing, and financial analysis.
- Prepare business development documents, presentations, and briefing books. Prepare, evaluate and present robust financial modeling and analyses to value projects and terms; develop, participate and deliver high level impactful presentations and conclusions to Deputy CEO and CIDRZ Senior Management and key stakeholders. Participate in deal construction and negotiations
- Establish strategic account plans for all targeted accounts with tactical information necessary to ensure sales targets are met
- Develops and maintains budgets
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing variances, and developing improvements
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Develops financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, and directing staff.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, financial goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with Deputy CEO and CIDRZ EXCO
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; and implementing change
- Develop various corporate policies and make recommendation for approval to the DCEO
- Participates as a member of Leadership Team in formulating corporate strategies, policies, plans and and in monitoring the Organization’s performance so as to ensure that the corporate mission and goals are achieved
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results and make recommendation for improvement
- Provides guidance, expert advice, and management of staff.
- Reviews contracts and acts as liaison with DCEO to resolve any issues impacting the process
- Work closely with DCEO, leadership and cross functional members of management team to drive and implement corporate strategy and long-range planning based on current portfolio opportunities and risks, financing needs and organizational capabilities. Assist in identifying portfolio, financing and/or organizational gaps and plans for how to best address them.
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Build customer relationships through direct contact, meetings, customer events, industry events, and professional relationships
- MBA (Preferably in Entrepreneurship)
- First Degree in a Technical Field of study
- 10 years work Experience
- Demonstrable Track record of establishing or starting businesses or having run businesses before
- The holder of this position must be a results-oriented leader, skilled in organizational management, managing and creating clarity in a complex environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA or email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.