Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multi billion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Gender and Economic Policy Advisor position on an anticipated USAID-funded program in Zambia.
The activity aims to support design and implementation of policy and regulatory reforms that will increase investment and trade in the rural economy, focusing on agriculture, eco-tourism, energy, and natural resource management sectors. The Gender and Economic Policy Advisor will develop and lead strategies to reduce gender-based barriers to economic development, strengthen women’s participation in the rural economy, and catalyze greater gender equality in access to technology, resources, services, and finance and investment primarily through improved policy making and regulatory process. The Gender and Economic Policy Advisor is a full-time, long-term position that will be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
- Promote greater representation of women in advocacy of private sector and civil society interests and engage women in influencing economic policy and regulatory processes.
- Strengthen informed decision-making within the Zambian Government regarding policy formulation and implementation by building and strengthening its linkages with women in civil society and private sector.
- Collaborate with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor to identify sources of qualitative and quantitative data to measure the activity’s progress achieving greater gender equality and to inform private sector and civil society advocacy and government decision-making.
- Design and deliver training programs and capacity building initiatives for government, civil society, and private sector to orient behavior and critical analyses towards greater gender equality.
- Lead assessment teams to conduct critical research into issues affecting women’s economic participation and outcomes of policies and regulations for women.
- Liaise with counterparts (e.g. gender advisors) in other development programs in Zambia and elsewhere to share learning and best practices and represent the Zambia BEP at local, regional, and international fora to present Zambia BEP approaches and outcomes.
- Provide technical oversight and mentorship to 3-5 staff.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in political science, economics, finance, business administration, agriculture, environmental sciences, communications, or law. (Bachelor’s in the same with additional professional experience may be considered).
- Eight years of professional experience in donor-funded international development programs, private sector, civil society, academia, and/or government
- Previous experience delivering training and capacity building and leading assessments and research activities
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Bemba and other languages preferred.
* Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tetratechintdev.com.