- The Foundation Seed Dryer and Plant Supervisor has leadership responsibility for the foundation seed technicians, temporary employees, contract employees, and is a member of a team that strives for safety.
- Product quality, and process optimization is expected, and this person must achieve results through influencing others, personal proficiency, and modeling company values.
- The Foundation Seed Dryer and Plant Supervisor participates as a member of the site leadership team and will maintain a strong relationship with the team and other site and site support personnel to support operations at the site and resolve operational challenges.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsible for maintaining foundation seed plant operations at full capacity to deliver seed of the right quality, hybrid mix, on-time and at optimal cost. This entails excellent resource planning, consumable management, talent management, EHS and plant quality assurance activities.
- Manage, direct and lead a team within a production site for Bayer that is working on foundation seed processing.
- Areas of responsibility would include all or a subset of seed drying, shelling, cleaning treating, packaging, and storing for testing and distributing.
- Plan and execute efficient resource allocation to support a shift working system established and managed during times of peak production for the plant and dryer production activities.
- Close coordination with the field operations team to ensure the smooth transition and efficient flow of raw product to ensure optimal resource and equipment utilization is achieved.
- Develop and manage an annual processing plan to ensure timely supply of seed is achieved to meet both internal and external customer demands.
- Continuously review and manage production plans and schedules and allocate resources, human and equipment, accordingly, to ensure production targets are met.
- Identify and report KPI’s on the applicable TIER meetings and ensure the measurement and analysis thereof for all responsible areas to ensure daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals are met.
- Pro-actively identify positive and negative trends of KPI`s and react on them accordingly to ensure optimal resource utilization.
- In collaboration with the Warehouse Manager, plan and control inventory at all levels of product stages up to the dispatching of foundation seed to growers.
- Effectively plan for and manage all consumables for all the areas of responsibility and in collaboration with the production administrator, ensure timely procurement thereof.
- Responsible for the planning, execution and control of all responsible operational budgets for all areas of responsibility to ensure a cost-effective production environment.
- Responsible and accountable for the full cycle of on-site chemical handling. This includes the management thereof from procurement, safe handling, safe storage and safe disposal thereof in the correct way.
- Encourage team members to develop technical skills on applicable equipment to support the continuous skills and capability development program. // This may require equipment specialists to do training or have team members cross collaborate across various manufacturing sites.
- Identify training and development needs of responsible teams and pursue the effective execution thereof in collaboration with leadership and business guidelines.
- Perform daily operations as required by business to ensure onetime delivery of good quality seed.
- Be fully accountable for the timely delivery of quality seed supply based on production schedules while maintaining an efficient operation.
- Perform duties in a manner that supports overall site KPIs to include, but not limited to safety, quality, total individual volume performance, total overall volume performance, and cost efficiency.
- This role will focus on plant production management practices for foundation seed through monitor and manage of efficient plant operations.
- Prepare and manage an annual budget for relevant cost centers and control expenses within the cost center and initiate cost savings in all distribution and warehouse activities.
- Ensure good collaboration between all quality stake holders and plant operations.
- Embrace an environment that promotes the building of good working relationships within the site.
- The successful candidate will need to be able to adapt quickly to changes in our business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities, and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers.
- Provide coordination for plant operations, aligning operations team and facilitating plan execution.
- Actively participate and support continuous improvement projects to drive cost saving initiatives and operational efficiencies
- Perform duties in a manner that supports overall site KPI`s to include safety, quality, total individual volume performance, total overall volume performance, and cost efficiency and also reporting these KPI`s in a transparent and frequent manner.
- Leading & chairing the site safety committee & meetings
- Leading the safety initiative weekly walks and keep the buildings aesthetic.
Key Working Relations:
- Row Crop Production team
- All regional PS functions, Site Leads, Supply Chain, Finance and Controlling, planning
- Regional site plant and planning managers
- Foundation Seed Planning team
- Zambia Foundation Seed Manager
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- BEng Mechanical, BSc Production Management, BSc Agriculture.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in site/plant operations management.
- Competency in seed production and seed processing operations, good conceptual and analytical thinking skills, problem-solving ability.
- Computer skills (SAP, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Windows).
- Excellent leadership and people skills, effective verbal and written communication, and ability to thrive in a team-based work environment.
- Highly self-motivated, innovative and have a proven project management record.
- Strong desire for personal development and professional growth at Bayer.
To apply for this job please visit bayerza.my.salesforce-sites.com.