World Vision Zambia
- Facilitate forest & Carbon Stock Management related Training of Trainers (TOT) of partners, WVZ technical program staff, and other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation.
- Provide technical support and leadership to Area Programmes (APs) in the Forest Management to ensure this natural resource contributes to the livelihoods of communities so that parents and caregivers provide well for their children
- Support the design of appropriate FMNR and Forest Carbon Stock Management Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for effective implementation.
- Support development of structures such as Community Forest Management Groups (CFMGs) in respective chiefdoms and operational Area Programs
- Lead WVZ EL&R TP on building the capacity of staff and other stakeholders in Carbon Stock Management including; carbon credit selling, registering carbon credits, and working with validation/verification bodies.
- Support design and development of FMNR and carbon stock concepts and proposals for new acquisition.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Masters Degree in Forestry, Environment, Climate Change, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture or related qualifications is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on Forest Carbon Stock projects with community participation. Further experience in GIS and remote sensing in deforestation and degradation projects including Landscape Management and Restoration will be added advantage.
- Experience in managing donor-funded community-based livelihoods projects while conserving biodiversity & forests.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in activity budget tracking & management. preferably with an international NGO.
- Working experience in consortiums with various stakeholders contributing to project deliverables
- Proven ability in working with large integrated grant-funded projects in Zambia
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.