Dangote Cement Zambia
- The Fleet officer oversees a fleet of trucks for the organization. Responsible for dispatching of trucks, monitoring vehicle movements(tracking), ensuring timely and proper maintenance and repairs of vehicles, management of drivers, arranging the required finances for drivers on certain routes and safety management of vehicles on the road. To help improve efficiency and manage the quality of activities in supply chain by identifying factors that can reduce transportation cost for the organization.
- Maintain proper inventory of trucks and all truck accessories, making sure they are maintained and checked frequently.
- Supervise and coordinate drivers to do their relevant work effectively.
- Schedule regular truck maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Prepare service and maintenance work orders for trucks repairs at the workshop.
- Maintain daily driver register and prepare daily activity report for all trucks for the purpose of monitoring fleet performance.
- Track all truck documentations and work with officers in charge to ensure these are always renewed in a timely manner.
- Follow up on breakdowns, accidents and recovery.
- Monitor drivers behaviors and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Monitor truck turnaround time and driver violations using the necessary provided tools.
- Ensure observance of road safety standards and trucks comply with the Zambian transport laws and regulations.
- Provide training, development and leadership to drivers.
- Monitor distribution activities throughout the supply chain.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- A minimum of nine (9) years of related experience,
- Advanced Diploma in Chartered Institute of Logistics and transport
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits/SAP applications.
- Medical Insurance Cover
- In-House Pension Scheme
- Quarterly Production Bonus
- Life Assurance
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.