Designation: Financial Risk Manager
Reporting Line: Head of Financial Risk
Business Unit: Risk
To monitor and report the Bank’s Financial risks in accordance with the Bank’s risk strategy. Provide an ongoing source of information to senior management and the Risk, Treasury, Credit and Finance departments on positions, instruments, products, systems and procedures
Key Outputs & Responsibilities
Accurate, timely analysis and reporting of financial and ALM risks
- Identify key market risks affecting both the trading and banking books and check that these risks are identified through regular reviews
- Analyse financial risk for new products to ensure these are aligned to the bank’s enterprise risk framework
- Monitor and escalate breaches of limits and triggers and ensure that limits are aligned to regulatory limits
- Oversee the operation of the Treasury Middle Office functions.
Accurate, timely ALM testing and reporting
- Ensure the prompt and accurate preparation of all relevant reports required by local ALCO and Group ALCO
- Apply forecasting models and scenario analyses to anticipate potential future financial risks
- Ensure all types of financial risk within the bank are captured and appropriately modelled
- Build professional relationships with all stakeholders, displaying sound abilities to communicate at all levels
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to highlight and address / escalate flagged issues
- Effective teamwork, self-management and alignment with group values
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits including English and Mathematics
- Under-graduate qualification in Mathematics or Statistics or associated field. Post graduate degree is an added advantage
- 5+ years’ banking experience with working knowledge of Asset Liability Management and/or Market Risk
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested Applicants who meet the job requirements should email their CV’s to e-mail address [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Clearly state the position you are applying for as the subject. Closing date: Thursday, 25th February, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.