Purpose of the Position
Responsible for supporting directors and heads of departments in planning, reporting and analysis of results.
Key Performance Objectives
Planning & Forecasting
- Facilitate the budget and forecast process for the Business Unit and ensure it aligns with business objectives
- Build Budget Financials, based on functional and Operational inputs.
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual analysis of variance
- Drive Planning & forecasting efficiency- detailed understanding of all revenue and cost drivers of the business
- Review and track performance of Actual vs. Budget/Forecast and provide detailed commentary on the drivers of variances.
- Proactively partner with the business to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve performance and ensure that change initiatives are implemented
Monthly & Quarterly Reporting Packs
- Prepare Monthly Management pack.
- Monthly ZNBC report commentary pack.
- Quarterly Preparation of board pack.
- Preparation of monthly business support reports e.g., Subscriber performance Subsidy schedules and all SGA actual vs. budget/forecast.
- Provide meaningful ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
- Co-ordinate reporting deliverables with local and Finance shared services team to ensure all set timelines are met.
- Preparation of Ops review packs.
Management Pack Preparation and Review Process
- Review of Finance Management Pack with all related schedules.
- Review and signoff of monthly cashflow proof, commentary flash.
- Detailed Balance Sheet Review.
- Drive timely and accurate reporting with all key stakeholders.
Opex / Capex Tracking and Analysis
- Controlling Opex / Capex approvals and updating functions on their YTD spend status.
- Obtain appropriate approvals for any cost over runs in line with DOA.
- Budgetary check and evaluation of all Capex investment.
- Obtain appropriate approvals for any Capex disposals in line with DOA.
- Approval of requisitions/Pos and ensure Budget availability and allocation to correct Account codes.
- Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching.
- Develop SMART Objectives for team members.
- Drive continuous learning and development by ensuring all team members have at least 3 relevant PDPs in each Financial year.
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance.
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition.
- Effectively manage work streams and relationships with respective reporting team- i.e. local finance, Finance shared services (FSS).
- Prepare plans to action engagement feedback for team.
- Prepare annual financial reports inline with Group requirements and timelines.
- Prepare detailed excel support schedules and AFS workings.
- Prepare and coordinate preparation of Annual financial statements.
- Manage Statutory auditors with regards all key business performance requirements.
- Chartered Accountant – ACCA/CIMA/ ZICA Professional/CA Zambia
- ZICA Membership mandatory
- Minimum 3 years post article relevant experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of IFRS and local Taxation rules
- SAP system experience
- Advanced excel skills
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.