Afrox Zambia Limited
To be based in Ndola and reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for managing daily processing of accounting transactions, cash management, credit control, taxation, and generation of financial statements for the group as well as statutory reporting.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Managing the daily functions of the accounts and credit control departments.
- Ensuring that financial records are maintained accurately.
- keeping all reconciliation’s with general ledger with other modules up to date every month.
- Assisting the Finance Manager to manage the company’s finance, treasury administration, tax and reporting functions.
- Ensuring that all tax filings and payments are met when due.
- Providing management with timely and appropriate financial information.
- Ensuring timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Ensuring accounting provisions and accruals are analyzed every month and appropriate adjustments made.
- Preparation of cashflow forecasts in co-ordination with the Finance Manager.
- Ensuring adequate controls are in place to safeguard assets.
- Reviewing of nominal ledger reconciliation, sub ledger reconciliation and checking of accuracy and integrity of accounting information.
- Ensuring timely processing of credit notes in ACCPAC once they have been approved.
- Ensuring that taxation (VAT, Corporation tax, WHT, custom & excise and other taxes) are correctly calculated and paid in accordance with Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA).
- Providing direct supervision to the credit control and cashiering functions.
- Ensuring that all batches for the month from various modules are correctly posited to general ledger.
- Attending to internal and external audit recommendations/queries
- CA/CIMA/ACCA or Bachelor of Accountancy degree (At least 4 years relevant experience)
- Full ZICA Membership
- Must possess good working Knowledge of ACCPAC ERP system
- IFRS knowledge
- Must demonstrate ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must be a team player
Afrox Zambia Limited is an equal opportunity employer. If you are Interested and you possess the relevant qualifications and experience required, kindly send your application clearly stating the position applied, attaching a detailed C.V with three traceable referees, copies of academic and professional qualifications to:
Or email your application to: [email protected].
Closing date: Monday 26th April 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.