Finance Specialist – Zambia Country Program
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multi-sectoral partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Four Key Tasks Of Eradicate TB Are To
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s MoH, the NTB, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six (Copperbelt, Central, Muchinga, Northern, North-Western and Luapula) of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces.
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement
- Address TB-HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces
- Engage all categories of care providers
- Enable and promote research.
PATH is seeking to recruit an experienced and qualified Finance Specialist to provide financial and administrative support to the Eradicate TB project team in Lusaka. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Finance Director. This open is up to June, 2022.
- Track planning, completion, and dissemination of project deliverables.
- Coordinate and write reports, work plans, scopes of work, and proposals as requested by Project Chief of Party.
- Represent PATH externally to international agencies, collaborators, other nongovernmental organizations, and donor community.
- Draft, negotiate, administer, and monitor all subordinate agreements.
- Coordinate the procurement and local finance systems, including travel, workshops, goods and services, and consultancies, consistent with local laws and USG Rules and Regulations.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase orders.
- Ensure that all PATH policies and procedures: approvals are obtained; competitive bidding is used; all goods and services acquired effectively balance quality and price consideration.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for staff and visitors with support from Project Assistant
- Participate in the preparation of the Project activity budgets.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly coded and charged to the correct project codes.
- Support the preparation of Requests for Authority to Travel for all project staff.
- Maintain inventory of all procured equipment and share information with Planning and Logistics Officer, as requested.
- Monitor all project resources and equipment such as office space and equipment are in good order and adequate for smooth running of the project.
- Provide day-to-day administration support for TB provincial offices.
- Oversee the sub-office monthly courier management.
- Collect and submit timesheets from project staff and submit to the Finance office.
- Provide any other administrative, training, or logistical tasks assigned by the Finance and Operations Director to ensure efficient and smooth support to the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Administration, Commerce, ACCA, CIMA level 2 or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial management and grants & contract administration, preferably with an international organization or in financial and administrative management function.
- Demonstrated experience with U.S. government administrative and financial rules and regulations is required
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills including full cycle of developing budgets, monitoring expenses, making projections and making adjustments as needed
- Experience with designing and implementing financial systems for large international projects and multi-site projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven success in building effective partnerships with collaborators.
- Proven ability to be responsive and communicate with staff in HQ and field staff in an international organization context
- Demonstrated ability to work well in team environment with program and technical staff.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and computerized accounting software, knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
- Experience with USAID Contracts is preferred.
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.