Family Health and Nutrition Project (FHN) is a five-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and under five mortality through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high-quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) care. Working in four provinces, Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern, FHN will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high-quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following position(s):
Finance Officer (4)
Location: Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern Province
Reports to: Finance Manager
Positions supervised: None
Finance Officer will be responsible for providing day-to-day financial, administrative and logistical support for the FHN Project provincial level activities. The Officer will support the FHN Finance Manager in meeting the day-to-day financial needs for the projects to maintain daily operations in efficient and effective manners. The Officer supports financial arrangements and local support for project activities, facilitates local procurement processes and procedures, maintains proper files and filing systems, and helps assure good communication and coordination with partners. The position will also provide support to technical staff and consultants in the preparation of budgets, reports and other project documents.
- Performs data entry into the finance software. Entering of payment vouchers, writing checks through Quick Books and entering expense reports.
- Serve as agent for the Jhpiego bank accounts.
- Receives and reviews for proper documentation and calculation all expenses reports and issues reminders to ensure retirements are made according to the Jhpiego policies.
- Maintains a monthly accruals sheet of all outstanding advances by funding and program area. This is to be shared with FHN Finance Manager by the 15thof each month.
- Prepares bi-weekly cash flow projections to the FHN Finance Manager
- Provides analytical, forecasting, reporting and project support to Program teams
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the FHN Finance Manager or FHN Director Finance and Administration from time to time
- Bachelors in Accounts/Finance Accounting training qualification NATECH/ZICA, part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- 6 -7 years’ experience in a responsible office
- Experience in accounting for projects funded by international donors (knowledge of USAID Contracts regulations preferred)
- Strong computer skills including Quick Books, Excel, Word PowerPoint and Word Perfect applications
- Demonstrated integrity and work ethic;
- able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines;
- Willing to work on wide range of tasks
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line (position – location) to the Human Resources Manager: Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 30th July, 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia