Mary Begg Health Services
Job Title: Finance Officer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
At Mary Begg, the finance officer is based at a MBHS facility but works closely with the Finance team at Head Office to complete patient and/or third party billing, manage petty cash and review pricing of medicines.
He/she conducts herself/himself in a professional manner and always demonstrates good customer service towards all our clients, visitors, health professionals and MBHS employees.
- Ensure all patient billing at clinic /hospital level is conducted accurately, competently and within the set timelines.
- Receive and deposit all private patient cash payments as directed by the Finance Manager (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly)
- Ensure all patient accounts receivables are processed on time, accurate and proper records are maintained and filed.
- Ensure all patient billing at the clinic/hospital is accurate and coincides with the items on the charge sheets for inpatient and outpatient billing. Any discrepancies are addressed with the appropriate medical/ nursing staff and rectified immediately.
- Issue patient billing invoices (especially for private paying patients) and collect payment accordingly.
- For private paying patients, inform front office or the patient directly of charges of services/ procedures prior to any treatment and collect deposits accordingly.
- Process all inpatient billing (i.e. inpatient stay, medications, consumables use, procedures conducted). Clarify with the inpatient nursing/ medical staff if items are unclear on the patient charge sheets.
- File all patient charge sheets and maintain proper accounting for audit purposes.
- Assist with training any front office staff on the patient billing process and computer software systems to promote accurate and timely billing.
- Managing all petty cash at the clinic.
- Complete the petty cash and cash handling weekly audits and send to the Clinic/Hospital Manager and Finance Manager.
- Process all third-party contractors billing. Maintain proper records of all billing invoices.
- Maintain proper patient billing details on MBHS software. Create and maintain patient billing/invoicing registers as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Submit all completed invoice receipts/books to head office as instructed.
- All patient billing information must be backed up on the appropriate systems for accounting and record keeping purposes.
- Receive and make telephone calls as instructed. Identify yourself openly. Speak clearly and politely. Divert calls promptly or take messages ensuring accuracy of detail and timely delivery to the recipient.
- Maintain work operations by following policies and procedures as directed by the Company.
- Report promptly any incident or adverse event relating to staff, patients’ or visitors to the Finance Manager or Hospital Manager.
- Carry out any other assignment or duties given by the Finance Manager or Clinic/ Hospital Manager.
To apply for this job please visit marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com.