Restless Development Zambia
Restless Development is a global non profit agency. We support the collective power of young leaders to create a better world. We are independently registered and governed in nine countries (India, Nepal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, UK, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe) bound together by our vision for youth power. We run youth-led programmes to tackle the issues that young people care about the most as well as running a growing global Youth Collective.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being side-lined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
Our approach to safeguarding
Restless Development considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organisational imperative with primacy over the success of programmes or strategic objectives. We recognize that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
About the Role
The remit of this role focuses on enhancing the accountability of donor funds and to support the work of the Finance and Administration Unit and also to give general support to the other units within Restless Development Zambia.
If you are a dynamic, inspired and innovative individual with a background in Finance, accounting and administration we encourage you to apply for the role of Finance Officer. The role will be based at our Head office in Kabwe.
- Diploma or Degree or Equivalent Qualification in ACCA, ZICA, Accounting and Finance, Banking and Finance.
- Previous work experience in a similar accounting position.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Experience using financial software.
- Knowledge of financial regulations.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Hard working with the ability to multitask.
- Experience in keeping to a budget and financial accountability.
- Computer literate, able to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Organised, with excellent time management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of supporting a Donor funded project or programme.
- Experience with a focus on customer relations/care.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload, meet deadlines and be a creative
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Belief in the values of Restless Development and an ability to uphold them.
- Good Leadership skills.
Minimum: Diploma or Degree or Equivalent Qualification in ACCA, ZICA, Accounting and Finance, Banking and Finance.
How to Apply
Please send a completed application form to [email protected] by 12th February, 2024 indicating subject line as “APPLICATION_YOUR NAME_ FINANCE OFFICER ” e.g. APPLICATION_JANE DOE_FINANCE OFFICER.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.
Kindly note that the application form can not be edited online. It has to be downloaded offline to be edited. If you encounter any challenges with downloading the Application form and the Job description you can request for them.
First round interviews are scheduled to take place on a date to be advised.
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and seeks to recruit, retain and develop staff from all sectors of the community and will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.