Website Impact Network
Zambia Impact Network Limited (ZINL) works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, ZINL is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in Zambian community schools. ZINL works in Katete, Sinda and Petauke Districts in Eastern Province. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
The Finance Officer is responsible for managing day to day financial transactions for the organization and all accounting functions to ensure proper use, tracking and accountability of donor and grant funds.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Ensure staff adherence to current financial systems and processes
- Manage project budgets, regularly match expenditure against all budgets
- Oversee cash flow management, prepare payment requests and purchase orders
- Update cash books every month
- Prepare monthly financial reports and bank reconciliation
- Review all procurement documents
- Prepare monthly payroll
- Ensure statutory compliance – ZRA,NAPSA, NHIS, Workers Comp
- Maintain relationships with vendors
- Liaise annually with external auditors
- Continually improve efficiencies and provide cost-reducing solutions
- Additional tasks based on organization needs
- BSc degree in Finance or Accounting
- ZICA registration
- Sound knowledge of financial and accounting procedures as well as financial regulations
- Advanced MS Excel skills are a must (applicants will demonstrate this via a practical assessment)
- Experience using QuickBooks is a must (applicants will demonstrate this via a practical assessment)
- Excellent analytical, numerical and communication skills
- Sharp time management and adherence to submission deadlines
- Thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing all tasks
- Ability to follow internal and external processes and multitask
- Strong ethics and ability to manage confidential data
- Experience in the NGO sector preferred
- Experience of other financial software is an added advantage
- Professional qualification – CFA/CPA is considered a plus
- Understanding of Child Protection and Safeguarding
This position is based in Katete, Eastern Province.
Compensation is based on suitability for the role, experience and qualifications.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.