Title: Finance Officer
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing elective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Title: Finance Officer
Location: Jhpiego Lusaka Office
Reporting to: Finance Manager
The Finance Officer is responsible for providing day-to-day financial, administrative and logistical support for the programs managed by Jhpiego Country Office in Zambia. S/he will support the Finance Manager in meeting the day-to-day financial needs for the projects to maintain daily operations in efficient and effective manners. S/he supports financial arrangements and local support for project activities, facilitates local procurement processes and procedures, maintains proper files and fling systems, and helps assure good communication and coordination with partners. S/he will also provide support to technical staff and consultants in the preparation of budgets, reports and other project documents
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs data entry into the finance software. Entering of payment vouchers, writing checks through Quick Books and entering expense reports.
- Serve as agent for the Jhpiego bank accounts
- Receives and reviews for proper documentation and calculation all expenses reports and issues reminders to ensure retirements are made according to the Jhpiego policies
- Maintains a monthly accruals sheet of all outstanding advances by funding and program area. This is to be shared with Finance Manager and Director Finance and Admin by the 20 of each month.
- Prepares bi-weekly cash flow projections to be shared with Finance Manager
- Carries out petty cash spot checks.
- Provides analytical, forecasting, reporting and project support to Program teams
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager or Director Finance and Administration from time to time.
- Accounting training qualification (NATECHIZICA. part qualified ACCA/CIMA or Bachelors in accounts/finance)
- 5 years’ experience in a responsible office
- Experience in accounting for projects funded by international donors (knowledge of USAID regulations preferred)
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word PowerPoint and Word Perfect applications (familiarity with QuickBooks preferred):
- Demonstrated integrity and work ethic
- Able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines:
- Willing to work on wide range of tasks
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org
Closing date is Friday 25th June, 2021
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org.