Website John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) is a Zambian company committed to working with the governments, non-governmental entities, private sector, civil society and communities to improve the provision of public health services. JSH provides research and consultation services to improve the health of individuals and communities in Zambia and the region. JSH envisions mobilizing an equitable and effective health system that increases access to high-quality services, builds safe and healthy communities, and enables improved health outcomes for all. Through the use of evidence-based strategies, program management, technical assistance, research and evaluation, education, and training, JSH enables health professionals to provide effective and innovative human-centered design solutions to achieve increased use of health services and real time data to cater to families and communities. Our team consists of dedicated, talented professionals who are resourceful, take initiative, and collaborate to reach our ambitious organizational goals. In order to achieve our mission, JSH remains a client-focused organization that is both cause-driven and sustainable. We seek to achieve the highest professional standards through an organization that is decentralized and non-bureaucratic. JSH’s culture is intended to foster innovation and risk taking, empowering employees and enabling their best performance in the service of our clients. JSH currently manages multiple projects including a USAID-funded Contract (eSCMIS) and Cooperative Agreement (ZAM-Health).
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of JSH Finance Manager based in Lusaka, Zambia. They will be an organizational staff and will work closely with project finance staff in Lusaka and provinces. They will be responsible for ensuring organizational finance and compliance policies and systems are complete, adhered to, and implemented consistently across the organization. This position would spend time in both the eSCMIS and ZAM-Health project Lusaka offices and will report to the Chair, Executive Committee, with guidance from the Lusaka-based finance leads for eSCMIS and ZAM-Health projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generate and analyze routine organizational monthly and annual financial reporting for JSH.
- Consolidate organizational financial reports and statements including overhead reporting.
- Draft finance and/or compliance-related organization-wide standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Implement and monitor effective financial management systems and rigorous internal controls to ensure that all financial reporting is accurate, cost efficient and transparent, ensuring compliance with donor (including USG) rules and regulations, JSH policy and local laws at all times.
- Update and ensure completeness of JSH’s Finance Manual and related forms & templates detailing financial and compliance processes and procedures.
- Coordinate to support financial management consistency among JSH projects, including review of project documentation/financial vouchers, working with project finance leads on SOPs and/or other policy and process guidance.
- Manage the JSH overhead recovery and budget, including expense tracking and cash flow projections.
Act as primary liaison with JSH’s bank, manage cash flow and the line of credit used by multiple projects.
- Manage of the JSH organizational QuickBooks database, including entry of detailed transactions.
- Manage and act as point person on routine financial reviews and statutory audits.
- Maintain and update JSH’s compliance calendar, and file documentation to support statutory, organizational and donor compliance.
- Coordinate organizational procurements, for example corporate insurances.
- Manage organizational inventory to keep up to date for office furnishings and equipment.
- Manage organizational petty cash.
- Participate in financial fraud-related case management and participate in fraud response teams.
- Participate in new business development related to organizational cost applications.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, finance, operations and fraud management policies.
- Provide financial and compliance support and potentially travel for finance or compliance activities to provinces in which JSH works.
- Liaise with the Zambian Revenue Authority (ZRA) on issues and ensure statutory requirements are being met / up to date.
- Manage corporate log-ins for USG and Zambian compliance (USG System for Award Management (SAM), Contractor Service Reporting, Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) reporting, others as applicable).
- Manage process and data inputs for corporate staff payroll, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree (Masters or higher) finance, accounting, business, economics or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ direct work experience in financial, operations or contracts management in Zambia with mid to senior level responsibility for project administration and finance; shows progressive increase in responsibility in positions.
- Current member of ZICA (Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants).
- Experience with organizational accounting, preferably in a not-for-profit environment.
- Experience with multiple donors including USG/USAID rules and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft suite including Excel, Word and Access.
- Experience with financial accounting systems; QuickBooks accounting system preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Proven record of systems strengthening and internal controls.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Experience working in Zambia and legal residency.
Supervision and Reporting:
The Finance Manager will report to the Chair, Executive Committee, with guidance from the Lusaka-based Finance leads for the eSCMIS and ZAM-Health projects.
Mode of Application:
To apply please complete the application form available here. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.