The Finance Manager is responsible for developing and implementing efficient accounting systems. Coordinating and supporting all project financial reporting and project financial reporting processes at a regional level as well as consolidated financial reporting.
KRA 1: Contribute to the development and implementation of accountable financial systems.
- Support regional staff in the implementation of accounting software and other online tools to improve efficiency and accountability.
- Ensure effective internal controls and processes are in place in country offices.
- Ensure compliance with regional and network financial policies and procedures and input into ongoing development of best practise policies and procedures.
KRA 2: Oversight of budgeting and cash flow preparation
1. Development and management of budgets and input into regional budgeting processes.
2. Compilation, analysis and reporting of monthly financial variance reports.
3. Regular financial reporting to and liaison with project managers and country managers.
4. Project cash flow management for country offices in line with budgets and contracts.
KRA 3: Financial reporting and auditing preparation
- Oversight of accurate capturing of monthly financial data into the financial system and compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Ensuring accurate and timeous reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Compilation of annual financial statements for country offices.
- Support project/programme staff with financial reports for donors and monthly/periodic project variance reports.
- Overall supervision of country finance teams in preparing for audits. Liaise with auditors, providing supporting documentation and responses to queries.
KRA 4: Legal and Financial Statutory Compliance
- Ensure compliance with tax and financial in-country statutory requirements including the submissions of relevant returns.
- Ensure compliance with all in-country employment regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Oversight of legal records and communicating changes with the necessary regulatory bodies and government institutions as required
- In-country payroll management
- In-country employee time and leave management and oversight
- Ensure that employee files are kept up to date and contain fully executed contracts and updated personal information for each employee, ensure submission and compliance with relevant Government institutions.
- Ensuring compliance with the revenue, business and labour authority requirements as well keeping abreast of any employment, legal and financial regulatory changes
KRA 5 – Financial Planning and Analysis
- Develop financial plans and oversee financial budgeting and forecasting for the business.
- Develop and maintain financial models to support management decision-making, prepare presentations of management accounts for senior management, and oversee the financial planning process for the business.
- Manage and modify financial plans and budget based on the changes in business plans and activity, as well as financial trends.
- Conduct financial analysis to support business decision-making on pricing, investment and strategic decision.
KRA 6 – Financial Advisory
- Review actual results against the budgeted figures to identify and correct accounting concerns and variances.
- Provide financial support and advice to management in concluding business deals and decision making.
- Enhance the financial process for profitability and revenue growth of the business.
- Support and develop process improvement initiatives to achieve financial goals, objectives overall efficiency of the organisation
- Manage and implement business development activities according to financial plan to achieve profitability and revenue
KRA 7: Risk Management
- Identify organisational and financial risks, providing mitigating solutions where possible
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or related field 5 – 7 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Registered with the Zambian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in a Senior Financial Management role –within a professional audit environment.
- Experience in setting up systems and monitoring
- Proficiency in MS Office packages, Google suite, accounting software packages, online procurement and approval systems and interest in system development and support
- Good understanding of relevant financial legislation and statutory reporting requirements for countries in the Southern Africa Region
- Good communication skills – written and verbal in English
- Strong administration skills and attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills including budget development and monitoring
- Experience in project and donor expenditure monitoring and reporting
- Ability to implement and maintain strong internal control environment
- Strong Leadership skills
- For Immediate start
Salary Offer – ZMW 45,000 TCTC (negotiable based on skills and experience)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.