JOB TITLE: Finance Manager
IYAFP is a youth-led organization that takes the lead in advancing young people’s sexual and reproductive health, rights and justice to achieve an equitable reality for all. The basis of our advocacy work is the knowledge that you have a fundamental human right to medically accurate, equitable, and judgement-free Sexual and Reproductive Health, Rights and Justice (SRHRJ). IYAFP was born out of the passion and involvement of youth delegates during the International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP) held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, in November, 2013. As a collective, IYAFP responded to a voiced need for continued engagement on youth
SRHR by global youth leaders. All IYAFP members are young people between the ages of 15 and 30 who represent 65 countries and contribute diverse perspectives and skills to their advocacy work.
OVERVIEW Of POSITION
We are recruiting a Finance Manager for one of IYAFP’s flagship projects, Sustaining Evidence-Driven Advocacy (SEDA). This position will be for the supplementary period beginning June 2021. This is a part-time, remote, paid position, 3 month contract, subject to extension. Fluency in English is mandatory and competency in French is appreciated but not required.
The goals of the Sustaining Evidence-Driven Advocacy (SEDA) project are to improve implementation of existing family planning (FP) policies, especially those that support youth access to and use of contraception, and to generate new funding and policy commitments for FP in response to evidence-driven advocacy. The project aims to achieve these goals set by a preceding initiative, Evidence Driven Advocacy (EEDA). SEDA sustains the work that EEDA began, ensuring the increased accountability of targeted governments to improve implementation of FP policy commitments, increasing capacity of youth advocates as influencers to measure policy implementation, and increasing the use of evidence by decision-makers.
Applicants should have experience with financial management + producing financial reports, and experience working with non-governmental organizations. Advocacy experience and work in SRHR is appreciated but not mandatory.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONSULTANT
The Consultant will act as Finance Manager of the SEDA Project and will:
- Lead on the overall financial management of the SEDA Project and be accountable for the financial reporting in accordance with the sub award agreement requirements.
- Collaborate with the Project Director and Country Managers for the implementation of financial processes according to IYAFP policies.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the SEDA project, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Prepare the final monthly invoice to be submitted to the project partner.
- Process financial documentation of advocacy activities across the 5 countries
- Working closely with the Project Director to track contractual services for project line items such as personnel etc.
- Maintain a system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and pending invoice roster.
- Use IYAFP tools (QuickBooks, Monday.com, Spreadsheets) for the implementation of financial processes for the SEDA Project.
- Meet with the Project Director and Executive Director as needed.
- Report in a timely manner to the Project Director and Executive Director any irregularity found in the reconciliation or management of funds.
The Consultant will:
1. Prepare for and attend meetings with the Project Director on a weekly basis (at minimum).
2. Attend other meetings with the Project Director, Executive Director and other members of the Executive Team, as needed.
3. Facilitate trainings on financial processes for new hires under the SEDA Project and Country Chapters members as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA/ACCA is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of finance and accounting experience, including audit, analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders)
- Strong experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll developing invoices
- Nonprofit experience, with experience with fund/grants accounting preferred.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software and high competency in Microsoft Excel Excel skills
Please complete the two questions in the assignment, and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to submit your application. The deadline to apply is 30 May 2021.
To apply for this job please visit mcusercontent.com.